Author Topic: Introducing: My Fruit Market (Looking For Vendors!)  (Read 1132 times)

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
Introducing: My Fruit Market (Looking For Vendors!)
« on: May 24, 2023, 01:48:12 PM »
Hi everyone, if you saw my last comment on the post about dropshipping, I am getting closer to making myfruitmarket.com live.
I hope you like it, I've spent a HUGE amount of time on this project and would love feedback!

Here is a storefront (Shoutout Jaboticaba45): https://s5sulm97rsw7tb54-75884462372.shopifypreview.com/collections/jaboticaba45
and here is the main page: link died: https://s5sulm97rsw7tb54-75884462372.shopifypreview.com

since my last update, I've changed some things including:
- added menus to individual shops
- added calendar function
- added some artwork
- embedded digitized tropical.theferns.info dashboard under 'Projects' at the bottom of the page

main things I'm still working on (in order of priority):
- optimizing website for mobile viewing
- adding a button to sign up for email updates for specific vendors
- auction tab
- animations / making some of them smoother lol

as well as cleaning up the store and getting the Plants and Deals tab filled out as more vendors sign up

In return for having a place on my website without paying the $39/month in shopify and dealing with all the backend management, newsletters for your store at no cost to you, your plants showing up as recommended/related when customers visit other shops in the website, links to your social media/other stores i.e. etsy, shopify, etc, and SEO on your products to boost organic traffic, I only ask for 5% of the revenue on an order after shopify has taken their 2.9% + 30c cut!

If you are interested in joining as a vendor: Please text me at 214-663-4410 or email me at trumansacco@hotmail.com
the following information for each product:

- at least 1 picture (or more!)
- a name (including cultivar information)
- a price
- a quantity
- a weight OR a flat shipping rate
- any descriptions/notes that you'd like to add (or can leave blank)

for more details on submitting your products and the breakdown of a sale read this thread here: https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=51092.0

If you have any questions or concerns at all, please ask!

Sorry if this post was kind of redundant; the next time you hear from me will be the live announcement  :)
Thanks for your time,
- Truman
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 03:09:34 PM by tru »
instagram @trumansacco

Tropical7B

• Zone 7B
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: My Fruit Market (Looking For Vendors!)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 07:36:28 PM »
Ah, the Amazon of fruit trees - love the idea!

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 07:48:19 PM »
What a great service offered to the forum.
Sheesh! This is fire!

Bobooshki

• Palm Bay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 08:35:57 PM »
Very cool - I actually developed a mobile application for this on the Google Play Store around 10 years ago. Glad to see someone else had the idea as well as I stopped maintaining the app many years ago.

Best of luck! I had a lot of success pushing the app at farmers markets if you want to give that a go.
Robert

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 11:08:01 PM »
One thing you may be able to do to set yourself apart is proper (zero) sales tax for states where food/seeds/fruit-trees are exempt.  My state Pennsylvania they are exempt yet Ebay, Etsy, and maybe others still charge me sales tax to buy.  Likely other states have similar rules but this is such a small market that the big marketplaces don't bother to handle it

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 11:46:47 PM »
Ah, the Amazon of fruit trees - love the idea!

What a great service offered to the forum.
Sheesh! This is fire!

Thanks y’all!! I hope to one day even have a growers journal section (like GrowDiaries… but not just weed lol)

Very cool - I actually developed a mobile application for this on the Google Play Store around 10 years ago. Glad to see someone else had the idea as well as I stopped maintaining the app many years ago.

Best of luck! I had a lot of success pushing the app at farmers markets if you want to give that a go.

great minds think alike 🤣 good idea though; there’s a pretty big farmer’s market near me that I’ve looked into in the past, I think I’ll go to the next meet!

One thing you may be able to do to set yourself apart is proper (zero) sales tax for states where food/seeds/fruit-trees are exempt.  My state Pennsylvania they are exempt yet Ebay, Etsy, and maybe others still charge me sales tax to buy.  Likely other states have similar rules but this is such a small market that the big marketplaces don't bother to handle it

You bring up an excellent point, it’s the next beast I plan on getting into… trying to figure out how taxes work on something like this has been making my head spin. Shoutout Erie, PA and the cherry fest, fond childhood memories. As long as it’s possible to setup in Shopify I’ll make it happen!
instagram @trumansacco

Thefatcuban

• Atlanta, 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 11:50:15 PM »

Most states have an economic nexus requirement of either at least $100,000 or 200 separate transactions a year, so I would go even further and say, at least right now, he shouldn't be charging sales tax anywhere aside from the state he is located in.
Josh

Oqueel

• Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 03:26:21 AM »
It sounds like a good place to quickly sell off any surplus fruit. Will you be doing that too?

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 05:36:24 AM »
It sounds like a good place to quickly sell off any surplus fruit. Will you be doing that too?

Yes! Anything and everything that trusted forum members may have to offer; I have no problem listing

I’m probably gonna redesign the plant tab as more stuff gets added / move some stuff around based on where interests end up, sneak in some more pictures and add a menu for it

Thank you!
instagram @trumansacco

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2023, 08:44:27 AM »
Good idea
ONLINE SHOP:

https://www.huertasurbanas.com/shop

30% Discount Coupon: FIRST

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
instagram @trumansacco

John B

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2023, 10:56:56 AM »
This is a great idea, cheaper then Etsy. Your website mentions "from reputable and trusted sellers". How are you going to manage that?

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2023, 11:16:03 AM »
This is a great idea, cheaper then Etsy. Your website mentions "from reputable and trusted sellers". How are you going to manage that?

Thanks! Good question, so far I'm only having this open to the forum members here that I've seen build up a reputation.

I'm not sure if there's a calculated way to approach it but for now, I'm gonna keep a -very- tight lid on who can be accepted. Preferably more on a referral basis where I've heard of you on this forum or easily verified elsewhere. I have 20-25 names in particular that I'd really like to work with and take it more on a case by case basis; I'm a stickler for seeds and will probably end up testing out some vendors that don't have as much reputation

As a security measure for bigger ticket items, instead of test ordering I could do a verification photo with the vendor name and date written on paper next to the plant in question, but really I'm not looking to accept anyone that I have even a shred of doubt about
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 11:17:54 AM by tru »
instagram @trumansacco

Enkis

• Italy 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2023, 12:55:59 PM »
Will you ship outside US?
Keep planting and nobody explodes

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2023, 01:21:03 PM »
Will you ship outside US?

The answer would change based on the vendor, but I'll setup a way to automatically filter stores to those that will ship to you!
instagram @trumansacco

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2023, 03:00:09 PM »
https://s5sulm97rsw7tb54-75884462372.shopifypreview.com/pages/shop-directory

Welcome TropicalPioneers to the market! They sell seedlings and are looking to diversify into houseplants too

if you're thinking about being a vendor please pm,
You don't need products ready right now necessarily; but getting the initial profile setup speeds up the process when the time comes to add fruit/seeds whatever it may be

Added some animations, still working on email block stuff. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 03:02:12 PM by tru »
instagram @trumansacco

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2023, 04:52:27 PM »
Sorry for bumping but I'm not getting as much seller activity as I thought I would,
is there anything y'all would change? Is the pitch too much? % too much? Not enough being offered? Unclear? Needs to be live first?

Again you don't need products ready at the moment but getting your initial profile setup will save time for when you are ready to sell.
Let me know, really want this to work! And fr this time, you won't see me again until its live!

Thanks for your time,
- Truman
instagram @trumansacco

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk