Author Topic: WANTED: passion fruit  (Read 495 times)

hardearth

• I'm a baby duck in an oil spill.
    • south florida 10b
    • View Profile
WANTED: passion fruit
« on: February 08, 2023, 12:28:47 AM »
im looking for cuttings of passiflora doce (alata), or the brs mel do cerrado alata. if you have another sweet/low acid out of hand variety that can tolerate some heat let me know, particularly interested in commercial south american varieties if you can ship to US. also i have heard of some slightly heat tolerant tacsonia hybrids, if anyone has cuttings or seeds for anything like that id also be interested in hearing, thank you!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 12:19:52 PM by hardearth »

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: passion fruit
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 01:09:25 PM »
Hey I bought some alata seeds from tradewinds a few months ago, unfortunately out of the 5 species of passionfruit I got from them, this is the only one that didn't sprout. Passionfruit are notorious for taking a long time if they are old seeds, so if they do decide to show up I'll let you know

best of luck!
instagram @trumansacco

hardearth

• I'm a baby duck in an oil spill.
    • south florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 10:08:06 PM »
Hey I bought some alata seeds from tradewinds a few months ago, unfortunately out of the 5 species of passionfruit I got from them, this is the only one that didn't sprout. Passionfruit are notorious for taking a long time if they are old seeds, so if they do decide to show up I'll let you know

best of luck!

thank you!

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 12:21:20 AM »
also hey just saw they still have them on tradewinds if you want some, https://www.tradewindsfruit.com/passiflora-alata-fragrant-granadilla-seeds
instagram @trumansacco