Author Topic: Fruit Lover's Nursery Seed and Scions  (Read 146128 times)

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Fruit Lover's Nursery Seed and Scions
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 07:43:51 PM »
I would think some of the Australian selections would do well R2E2 and Kensington Pride, for SoCal desert areas?
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 11:28:28 PM »
MangoDog

There is no specific dessert mango lol all your mangos grow well in your area.

Oscar

When will these be available? in Southern California we would need them by the first week of May.

JF

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 12:24:06 AM »
MangoDog

There is no specific dessert mango lol all your mangos grow well in your area.

Oscar

When will these be available? in Southern California we would need them by the first week of May.

JF

Can send whenever you like.
Oscar
Oscar

Greg1029

• 10b Ca. 90602
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 03:14:36 AM »
Nullzero

I sent you an e-mail.  Let my know if you got it...  I'm still getting used to this forum and I have nothing in my "sent" folder...

Greg

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »
Nullzero

I sent you an e-mail.  Let my know if you got it...  I'm still getting used to this forum and I have nothing in my "sent" folder...

Greg

I got it, you suggested to wait for the order until May? I send a response saying it would late april would be a good time to order. We have enough for the order now, just need to get everyone ready to go in April.

Greg1029

• 10b Ca. 90602
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 05:37:44 PM »
April is fine.

Greg

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »
Nullzero

Greg

I got it, you suggested to wait for the order until May? I send a response saying it would late april would be a good time to order. We have enough for the order now, just need to get everyone ready to go in April.

Null

I need them by the first week of May because I've hired the master grafter from Mimosa to come to my house and do a topgraft on to my Manila. I will do a video and post it on this forum. He has a 90% take rate on mangos so I will have him graft 4 or 5 varieties on to my Manila.

JF
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:40:58 PM by JF »

phucvu

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 02:19:56 AM »
the owner of mimosa or one of his worker? and what's the charge?

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 03:45:39 AM »
I have some folks from California now asking me also for lychee air layers, but most of them only want one or two air layers. Would it be possible for you all to get a group shipment of these as well? It's just no worth it for me to go through the trouble to send only one air layer. Need to send minimum 4 or more. I could send the air layers at same time as scions, or separately, whatever you all prefer.
Thanks, Oscar
Oscar

Greg1029

• 10b Ca. 90602
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 10:52:34 AM »
I would like to get a No Mai Tze Lychee.  Is anyone else interested?

phucvu

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »
i would like a mamey sapote and makok sapodilla if the price is right, but the list is earlier than 2009 so i don't know if the prices are still true.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 12:32:38 AM »
i would like a mamey sapote and makok sapodilla if the price is right, but the list is earlier than 2009 so i don't know if the prices are still true.

No, like i already told you the plant list is not current. Anyway can NOT ship plants to California, only airlayers and scions.
Oscar
Oscar

phucvu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 12:35:52 AM »
aren't airlayers plants? ???

do i have to email you to get the prices?

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 01:00:17 AM »
aren't airlayers plants? ???

do i have to email you to get the prices?

Airlayers are rooted branches, and so have different ag regulations than plants which have had their roots in soil.
Yes you have to email me offgroup to get prices.
Thanks, Oscar
Oscar

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 12:32:34 PM »
I have had a few email me with interest in airlayer lychees as well. Someone suggested that we could meet at Green Scene to exchange the scion and air layers. I think this would be a good option, however its April 15th (I know JF wanted the scion first week of May because of the grafter appointment). Perhaps the appointment could be moved up?

If not we can stick to the first week of May, and pick a location possibly in Los Angeles county to meet up and exchange. Also I would prefer paypal as the method to get the money for the order together (this would make the process easier, and more organized to keep track of who paid for what). You can always email me through the forums, you can also talk to me on the phone as well after contacting me through email.

On the shipping costs, I was thinking those that order airlayers pay more towards the shipping then those that order the scion (any ideas or advice on the shipping feel free to msg me). Not sure what the shipping costs would look like, but I am sure it would be at least $50.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:44:39 PM by nullzero »

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »
I have had a few email me with interest in airlayer lychees as well. Someone suggested that we could meet at Green Scene to exchange the scion and air layers. I think this would be a good option, however its April 15th (I know JF wanted the scion first week of May because of the grafter appointment). Perhaps the appointment could be moved up?

If not we can stick to the first week of May, and pick a location possibly in Los Angeles county to meet up and exchange. Also I would prefer paypal as the method to get the money for the order together (this would make the process easier, and more organized to keep track of who paid for what). You can always email me through the forums, you can also talk to me on the phone as well after contacting me through email.

On the shipping costs, I was thinking those that order airlayers pay more towards the shipping then those that order the scion (any ideas or advice on the shipping feel free to msg me). Not sure what the shipping costs would look like, but I am sure it would be at least $50.

I couldn't guarantee a specific date for shipment because air layers take their time to form good root balls, and would have to send when all are ready together. Shipment cost will depend on weight of package: how many air layers ordered? It might be better to do 2 shipments, one of scion and one of airlayers, since the scions could be sent at any time.
Oscar
Oscar
Oscar

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »

My method of diving shipping costs when I have done group orders from Frankie's in the past is to weigh each item individually and then add up the total weight and then work out what percentage of the total weight each item is and then charge each person the same percentage amount of the total shipping as their weight percentage was.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 07:26:32 PM »

I couldn't guarantee a specific date for shipment because air layers take their time to form good root balls, and would have to send when all are ready together. Shipment cost will depend on weight of package: how many air layers ordered? It might be better to do 2 shipments, one of scion and one of airlayers, since the scions could be sent at any time.
Oscar
Oscar

I am going to arrange this order strictly as a scion order. Going to stick with the first week of May as the date of order. Shipping costs for scion could simply be split by the amount of Scion ordered.

Ex. shipping $20
Andrew orders 5 scion, Bob orders 3 scion, and Chris orders 2 scion
Andrew pays $10, Bob pays $6, and Chris pays $4 towards shipping.

JF

• 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »

Null

Thanks for trying to accommodate me but don't worry about me. Go with the wishes of the majority. I will get a hold of my scion elsewhere.

JF.

Rtreid

• Zone 10a Sunset zone 24
  • Zone 10a, Sunset 24, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2012, 12:59:42 AM »
I would like to get a No Mai Tze Lychee.  Is anyone else interested?

I'd be interested and am up for 3 or 4 air layers.  Anyone else?

RIchard

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2012, 05:46:51 PM »
I may opt out of the order, someone else may need to take over and organize something. I only need 1 variety of mango scion and no air layers (it may be much easier for me to just obtained this locally). Sorry if this caused any inconvenience.

-Stephen

emegar

• Zone 9b/10a, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2012, 08:45:11 PM »
Richard,

I might be interested in an air layer or two.  It would depend on pricing, primarily, and whether we could organize a large enough group to order.  Oscar, is the minimum order for air-layers $100, the same as for scions?  Can you say how much a lychee air layer would run, or should I email you for that info?  Thanks.

James
James

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2012, 09:29:03 PM »
Richard,

I might be interested in an air layer or two.  It would depend on pricing, primarily, and whether we could organize a large enough group to order.  Oscar, is the minimum order for air-layers $100, the same as for scions?  Can you say how much a lychee air layer would run, or should I email you for that info?  Thanks.

James

James, there was already a group order placed from California for air layers. The person organizing it is is Jacob. Maybe it would be possible to add what you want to that order? You need to contact Jacob. The cost per air layer is $40 plus your share of shipping costs. If interested please let us know right away so i can put on your desiread air layers and all can be shipped at same time. Thanks.
Oscar
Oscar

anaxel

• france zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »
hello,
I'm a fan of exotic plants and fruit trees, like many other.
I think that passion must be shared with other passionate and that aid must be between between passionate.
I want a mango pickering, gold nugget, glenn, mallika or cuttings, the problem is that I live in europe (France) and that the costs are high.
I have three rootstock waiting to be grafted, I thought of a cutting in a bubble envelope?
is there someone to reduce cost or otherwise.
thank you very much.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »
If you look at my scions list you will see i don't have any of those cultivars, except for mallika. Maybe someone else can help you out?
Oscar
Oscar