Author Topic: Opinions on this grafting issue. Annona muricata on to Annona Glabra  (Read 670 times)

CTMIAMI

• View Profile
I want to graft Annona Muricata Cuban Fibreless on to Annona Glabra.
From the pictures bellow my Annona’s M C F have flushed new leaves. The question is: Do I strip the leaves of the donating plant, if so, do I wait “X” number of days before cutting the budwood to wrap with parafilm and graft.   My rootstocks are healthy and strong.  Some have told me to leave some leaves on the scion and used a bag. I hate the bag but would do it if is an absolute necessity.
If this is not the suggested way what are my options? I did graft various Annona’s last week of February with 10 takes out 11. Budwood was dormant.  But is getting hot and budwood is not dormant.

As always, your opinion is very much appreciated and valued.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 05:06:19 PM by CTMIAMI »
Carlos
 Tweeter: @carlosdlt280
www.myavocadotrees.com
zone 10a Miami-Dade County

CTMIAMI

• View Profile
Re: Opinions on this grafting issue. Annona muricata on to Annona Glabra
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 06:31:26 AM »
Sorry wrong section moving to Tropical Fruit
Carlos
 Tweeter: @carlosdlt280
www.myavocadotrees.com
zone 10a Miami-Dade County

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on this grafting issue. Annona muricata on to Annona Glabra
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 11:55:40 AM »
Carlos, wish I could help with specific information.  What I can share is my experience and here goes.

On my soursop grafts that worked, I did not strip but I took bud wood from plants that were pushing on other branches.  I did abut 6 grafts and two took.  I have since grafted bud wood provided by others with some initial success but they failed sometimes after several months.  The rootstock was pond apple but I did a couple on cherimoya and sugar apple.  The long term successful takes are on pond apple.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk