Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

Prague Citsuma

(1/6) > >>

Balance:
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Prague Citsuma and wanted to see how other members experience with this cultivar has been. I am hopeful that this tree will be able to thrive in an in-ground situation in zone 8b, but have heard that it can be a reluctant grower and wanted to hear if anyone has tips or tricks to help their tree thrive. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Oolie:
I am looking for this variety, I've heard that it's ugly, but a survivor.

vnomonee:
I have two grafts one on pure poncirus and one on tai-tri. The tai-tri grew vigorously.

So far both grafts look alive in zone 7a after lows of 1f and 5f. The one grafted on pure poncirus, 2 years old, grows very slow.
After 1 year the graft on tai-tri is twice the height.

It's said to be a chimera of flying dragon and satsuma, the lanky habit probably comes from the flying dragon. I will update more in the late spring to be sure that they are actually alive. 

Ilya11:
It is completely hardy under my climate, but you should be patient to have its fruits.
The best way is to graft high (~1 meter ) on a strong trunk of poncirus and force upside growth by attaching branches vertically.
It is Satsuma/poncirus chimera, occasionally pushing pure mandarin and pure poncirus (not a FD) twigs.

Unicyclemike:
Where did you purchase the Prague Citsuma?

Mike Adams

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version