Author Topic: Free! Large Kent mango tree with photos+ another large mango tree  (Read 4451 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
You will need 2-3 people to dig them out. Fewer if you want to try bare rooting them. HOA is going to destroy them anyway so if you want let me know

Craigslist advert>>>
https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/grd/5923939761.html

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Free! Large Kent mango tree with photos+ another large mango tree
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 06:28:08 PM »
Another one? You must have planted on the easement or something. Bummer.
Jeff  :-)

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 11:36:47 AM »
Sounds like a bobcat would be of much more assistance here.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 06:21:30 PM by bsbullie »
- Rob

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »
Sounds like a bincat would be of much more assistance gere.

I can offer you a special discounted price for the Kent and the other one too. Also, for a limited time only, I can throw in a special auto complete app for your fone.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:56:30 PM by zands »

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 06:20:49 PM »
Sounds like a bincat would be of much more assistance gere.

I can offer you a special discounted price for the Kent and the other one too. Also, for a limited time only, I can throw in a special auto complete app for your fone.

The sad thing is that you knew what it said...oh, and a Merry Christmas to you to....  Hahahahahaha
- Rob

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 07:00:13 PM »
The sad thing is that you knew what it said...oh, and a Merry Christmas to you to....  Hahahahahaha

Actually when you wrote bincat I thought you meant a Zamboni.

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 01:13:43 PM »
Zands , do your HOA allow fruit trees in your back yard ?, Or are they just Anti-Fruit Tree?

Ed
Zone 10

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 07:11:23 PM »
Zands , do your HOA allow fruit trees in your back yard ?, Or are they just Anti-Fruit Tree?

Ed

Hi
I have fruit and mango trees in front yard, side yard and backyard. The HOA wants me to remove a few to open things up, as in more lawn and green grass, and to keep them smaller. Seems to me they object to fruit trees because my development has some huge huge trees. An almost next door neighbor had a clump of really tall (50ft or so) and voluminous trees that dwarfed all my trees added together by at least 50%. These trees were a hurricane menace and would still be there except that someone bought that house and cut them down two years ago. With an arborist's bill of more than $5000. I got loads of wood chips from this cut down.
But these trees were not fruit trees.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:15:08 PM by zands »

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 07:43:39 PM »
Man that Is Nuts ! .,

M keeping my Mango tree Number Down to keep under the Hoa Radar..

Good Luck !

Ed
Zone 10

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 07:35:03 AM »
Man that Is Nuts ! .,

M keeping my Mango tree Number Down to keep under the Hoa Radar..

Good Luck !

Ed

Back yard is your territory/that's my take/so plant there first.. If nothing in your HOA covenant specifies fruit trees then just keep them nice and trimmed and don't let them grow wild.  Give away mangoes to get people to like your fruit trees.

IOW I would not not plant mango trees in front yard until you feel established. Or maybe just one and keep it small. My particular development, I don't see that many mango trees. Two miles down the road/also east of me/ I see developments with many mango trees.
So if no neighbors with fruit trees, proceed slowly. But I think it will work out just fine

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 09:50:46 AM »
Zands im keeping everything in my fenced back yard even installing pavers to make then look ornamental.
Thanks For the advise.

I still will never understand why some folks will prefer a giant Oak over a Fruit producing tree Survival food,  When the Crap hits tge fan those same folks are going to beg you for food! .. Cause oak does not taste to good 😄

Zone 10

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 02:04:53 PM »
HOAs wield a surprising amount of power. There's nothing that precludes them from prohibiting mango trees in the backyard. It all depends on the whims of your HOA board... They could easily prohibit you from planting edibles on any portion of "your" property.

Generally, the newer middle and upper-middle class neighborhoods seem to be the most finicky when it comes to planting edibles. For whatever reason, there is an inverse relationship between tolerance to fruit trees and income level. I think there is also an inverse relationship with age. So, the higher the income of the surrounding neighbors (or the older they are), the more likely they are to object to anything outside of status quo.

My HOA is little more liberal, and it helps that the median income in my area is in the lower-middle class range -- they are more busy worrying about how to pay the mortgage than counting how many square feet of st augustine can be viewed from the street. So folks here are generally receptive to residents utilizing their properties for more than simply cultivating seas of green grass. But if they ever started telling me to remove trees, I'd be listing the property for sale :-).
Jeff  :-)

mangomongo

• MERRITT ISLAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 05:19:53 PM »
 Your front yard actually looks pretty good, so I would think that Your HOA is comprised of retires that lost their feeling of importance and also don't know what a mango is. I was fortunate enough to buy in a very established neighborhood with a voluntary HOA, there are bunches of 30-50 year old mango trees that look like they have never met a chainsaw. I do however get the occasional county worker out to confirm that not everyone like fishing boats.  Then we agree that life doesn't get much better than eating fresh fish and drinking margaritas. 

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 10:06:58 AM »
Your front yard actually looks pretty good, so I would think that Your HOA is comprised of retires that lost their feeling of importance and also don't know what a mango is. I was fortunate enough to buy in a very established neighborhood with a voluntary HOA, there are bunches of 30-50 year old mango trees that look like they have never met a chainsaw. I do however get the occasional county worker out to confirm that not everyone like fishing boats.  Then we agree that life doesn't get much better than eating fresh fish and drinking margaritas.

Fresh fish is so hard to find.
Thanks for the front yard compliment! Alex at Tropical Acres/Palm Beach, along with Mr Sturrock, dug up and took the Coc mango that was in the center of it. So now the front yard looks lots more open and more of a lawn type front yard. Which the HOA likes.  I think I will be able to get Coc top grafted onto my other trees so not the worst thing in the world.

So this Coc tree lives on at>>> Visit to Sturrock (Mango) Groves! w/ Tropical Acres Farms (West Palm Beach) >>>>>>
! No longer available

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk