Author Topic: Extending my 8 year old Pickering mango tree  (Read 679 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Extending my 8 year old Pickering mango tree
« on: April 28, 2021, 04:28:23 AM »
Having fun here---
The current Federal Reserve Board policy is called "Extend and Pretend" -- Our bubble economy is  based on extend and pretend. Real estate and the stock market. Look at all the Bros. getting in on the action. Learning from Dave Portnoy and reddit-- reddit wall street bets. Gamestock is what they did.

But with my most loaded in 5 years Pickering...I have decided to extend (not pretend) many thick branches outward and prop them up. Somewhat like a trellis. This is an anchor post that I will come back to Wednesday with photos and the interesting explanation how I  got to my Pickering extend/no pretend. Just by chance.

Later alligators

Obverse the white hurricane awning. The Pickering branches were sitting on top of it. Until I pressure washed awning  the other day so had to collapse white awning down over the window. The way I would do before a hurricane to protect this window.

It was only after collapsing this awning that I saw and knew how extended Pickering had grown. You will see in below photos that the extended and loaded w fruits are now propped up with two wood sticks. It needs a third one which I will do.

Observe in photos below how low Pickering branches out and branches go horizontal. This is why it is a good condo mango and good for green houses. Mango trees that are called upright growers. The branches like to reach skyward. As if they are in "Hands up-Don't shoot" mode ---Forever.

I will probably remove this awning and use plywood to protect this window that you  see in my photos. So that the extend branches can get more sunlight. Instead of being under this awning--The way they sit now

You can see here the low branching out of Pickering at about 18" high. The extended branches come outward to 14 feet. Are growing towards an area that is now bare (why bare? This is another story) Since it is bare the Pickering branches have all the more reason (for me) to extend for more fruit production

Two above photos--See the extended branches now propped up

Above you can see the end tips of the major extend branch and minor extend branches

Extend/zero pretend. Saying again for the plebs in the cheap seats way in the back--- Extend/ with zero pretend! Get into this game. Don't be lame, don't be that lamer.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 01:06:31 PM by zands »

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
Re: Extending my 8 year old Pickering mango tree
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 01:13:23 PM »
More extend with zero pretend --

Desert Rose nice and extended. Neighbor's and he never pruned it.

More of his Desert Roses

My new desert rose. I bought three $12 each. Come in the white container. All have huge bases which is a +++++ Bought at Coral Spring H-Depot at University and Atlantic. Look for the white container because they have other Desert Roses there. Minus the large bases.

White container seen above

Above are pineapple tops that have been sitting in deep water for at least 4 months. See all the nice roots coming out. Planting them soon in the ground
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 01:27:43 PM by zands »

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 01:55:29 PM »
extended and spiked upward 14 ft high--- ---------------- and how to keep palms low and papayas too

Keep cutting out the center growth to keep low. Though eventually branches fall off so you have to allow new growth on palms and papayas and other plants that grow the same way...from the center

Below --More vertical spike that took 8 years.....AND....NDM mango pruned to extend horizontally.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 01:58:59 PM by zands »

JulianoGS

• USA, South Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 10:14:18 AM »
Your mango trees are looking nice!
Be very careful and mindful of what you sow, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk