Author Topic: Might work against squirrels  (Read 457 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Might work against squirrels
« on: August 12, 2021, 10:29:18 AM »
...And birds. Birds peck away at the top of the mango. I have been keeping all paltic boxes that mushrooms come in. Plastic tofu boxes to have been accumulated. You can try with tofu boxes.

Mushroom boxes....
Cut 3/8" center hole with sharp tipped knife, twisting it around. Mine is sharpe tipped serrated kitchen knife

Then make one cut towards center hole with scissors

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Re: Might work against squirrels
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 10:40:50 AM »
No more misplaced tools lost in the grass n weeds! Having fun with orange fluorescent spray can paint. Bought at Walmart. OK so I went a little bit overboard tagging my outside tools.

Last photo shows the difference between an anvil lopper and a bypass lopper. Anvil is on the right.....Anvil is 3x stronger/ to cut through 1.5" branches. But bypass is lighter and can be more easily inserted into dense foliage to cut branches. Being lighter you can go at cutting more quickly. Both bought at Aldis for $10.  Plus two more anvils are in my reserve...Aldis was getting rid of them (excess inventory) ...bought at $5 each. I could not resist buying at this price.

The serrated machete painted orange... Go to Harbor Freight for this

« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:55:41 AM by zands »

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Might work against squirrels
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 08:33:19 PM »
...And birds. Birds peck away at the top of the mango. I have been keeping all paltic boxes that mushrooms come in. Plastic tofu boxes to have been accumulated. You can try with tofu boxes.

Mushroom boxes....
Cut 3/8" center hole with sharp tipped knife, twisting it around. Mine is sharpe tipped serrated kitchen knife

Then make one cut towards center hole with scissors

Great use foe tofu boxes. Now to find a use for the tofu.... ;)