Author Topic: BORNEO SEASON 2020: Tropical rare fruit seeds for sale  (Read 16949 times)

850FL

• zone 8b/9a
    • View Profile
Re: BORNEO SEASON 2020: Tropical rare fruit seeds for sale
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2020, 08:55:06 PM »
Inga as in ice cream bean?

Also what are your most cold hardy seeds available? They can be from any genus, just able to survive about -4 to -6C  (20-25 F)??
Thanks brother

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
    • exoticke-pestovani.webnode.cz
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2020, 09:59:57 AM »
Hi Maryoto, may I ask if you sell jungle durian seeds as well when they are in season?
Yes mate,
I will sell it again later on season, all Borneo fruits season starting on January until March
Sounds good! Looking forward to buy some from you. :)
Durian & avocado lover

Maryoto

• WhatsApp +62 812 3688 1182
    • Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »
Inga as in ice cream bean?

Also what are your most cold hardy seeds available? They can be from any genus, just able to survive about -4 to -6C  (20-25 F)??
Thanks brother
Hi mate,
I'm not so sure which is my seeds that cold hardy, i haven't have informations about it.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2020, 10:10:42 AM »
Hi Maryoto, may I ask if you sell jungle durian seeds as well when they are in season?
Yes mate,
I will sell it again later on season, all Borneo fruits season starting on January until March
Sure dude

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2020, 12:47:15 PM »
Yes mate,
Sure dude

I am subscribed to this post, so I am alerted on my mail if there are any new updates. :)

Do you know which kind of durio species can you expect this season? Or on which do you usually get your hands on?
Durian & avocado lover

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2020, 10:13:38 AM »
Yes mate,
Sure dude

I am subscribed to this post, so I am alerted on my mail if there are any new updates. :)

Do you know which kind of durio species can you expect this season? Or on which do you usually get your hands on?
When on season usually i got durio kutejensis, durio dulcis, durio acutifolius, durio oxleyanus, durio oxleyanus spp. (Mahrawin), red durio graveolens, orange durio graveolens, natural crosses pollination of Durio dulcis X Durio zibethinus, natural crosses pollination of Durio dulcis X Durio kutejensis, natural crosses pollination of Durio kutejensis X Durio zibethinus, natural crosses pollination of Durio oxleyanus X Durio zibethinus

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2020, 10:24:40 AM »
That sounds great, thank you. :)
Durian & avocado lover

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2020, 02:59:59 AM »
That sounds great, thank you. :)
Anytime, dude

Andreas Gia

• Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2020, 07:05:21 PM »
Just wanted to comment on the seeds of received from maryoto and other Bornean sellers.
First off awesome collection of seeds. Spent a pretty penny collecting these seeds. Killed quite a few species trying to see what works and doesn’t work. Growing in 9a/9b climate. Can attest to some cold hardiness of these species. I have a full list available of the plants that have survived below 40 for a brief period of time. Might not sound like a lot but it’s immensely important for zone pushers. In terms of durio species because someone mentioned it, I have two out of twelve different durio hybrids/species still alive. These survived the mentioned below 40 amongst other plants bought from Maryoto.
You bet I will be first in line to have another round of purchasing plants to see what survives. Some of these may be more cold hardy than we think. Just have to see which ones are and which ones aren’t.

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2020, 07:07:40 PM »
Just wanted to comment on the seeds of received from maryoto and other Bornean sellers.
First off awesome collection of seeds. Spent a pretty penny collecting these seeds. Killed quite a few species trying to see what works and doesn’t work. Growing in 9a/9b climate. Can attest to some cold hardiness of these species. I have a full list available of the plants that have survived below 40 for a brief period of time. Might not sound like a lot but it’s immensely important for zone pushers. In terms of durio species because someone mentioned it, I have two out of twelve different durio hybrids/species still alive. These survived the mentioned below 40 amongst other plants bought from Maryoto.
You bet I will be first in line to have another round of purchasing plants to see what survives. Some of these may be more cold hardy than we think. Just have to see which ones are and which ones aren’t.
Did you order with a permit?(small lot of seed?) Am going to order some seeds later this year, just don't want customs to kill them.

Andreas Gia

• Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2020, 07:17:07 PM »
No permit whatsoever. I’ve only used a permit with Beni and he put it inside of the box which was never opened. Never have had anything taken up from Borneo for me. Might just be the luck of the draw but these guys do a good job prepping and sending these packages. Received 3 packages to Nashville no issues. I know you’re close by so don’t know if that helps

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2020, 07:31:26 PM »
Thanks for the info. Gotta get the rare artocarpus ;D .

850FL

• zone 8b/9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2020, 09:54:41 PM »

Can you post the list of which ones were most cold hardy in your experience??

Isla Bonita

• Spain, Canary Islands
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
Hello Maryoto,
I have received my order.
The seeds arrived in good condition, thanks for the extra seeds.
Very good seller!!

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2020, 09:15:08 AM »

Wow, durian surviving below 40? That is insane! How much below and for how long? I would never think that possible!
Durian & avocado lover

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2020, 10:29:35 PM »
Keeping a plant alive vs getting a plant to produce quality fruits is 2 entirely different things. To think you’ll actually get a durio sp. to ever fruit in Texas is pretty far-fetched to say the least.  The climate in Borneo is just drastically different than Texas’.

Andreas Gia

• Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2020, 01:00:59 AM »
Brief exposure. Overnight temps dipped below 40 but there was also no wind as durians are said to react negatively to wind.

In regards to growing durian in texas, if you really think I’m growing it for the fruit you are mistaken. The climate is nowhere close to the native range. That’s not the point of this exercise. Then again you never know unless you try. Some things were at once thought impossible, but have been proven otherwise. I’m not saying I’ll get a durian tree to produce fruit, let alone reach let’s say 5 years old. It’s more so to test the boundaries of what’s possible.

850FL

• zone 8b/9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2020, 09:32:47 AM »
Can you post that list?
If there’s mountains in Borneo I’d try and source seeds from near them.

Mick Mick

• Australia Qld cairns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2022, 02:55:24 PM »
Hello mate
Are you still selling seeds?
Thank you mick