Author Topic: RarePalmSeeds  (Read 774 times)

agroventuresperu

• Peru, San Martin, Rioja, Zone 12, 950m elevation
    • View Profile
    • AgroVentures Peru
RarePalmSeeds
« on: June 08, 2021, 11:21:28 AM »
I thought I'd share my experiences with rarepalmseeds business from Germany for what it's worth. Overall, I would not recommend them. I've made a few orders from them over the years. At best, I got mediocre results with some species. Most of the time, I received old and/or moldy seeds from them. The last time I ordered from them was a couple years ago, and I got zero germination with the hundreds of seeds I ordered. Needless to say, I won't order from them again.

Does anyone know how their business model works? It's almost like they scout for people in third world countries to send them seeds wholesale. When they get a batch of seeds they don't seem to have any criteria for shelf life, so I'm guessing seeds are stored for decades before being sold. In the future, I would just take the risk of contacting individuals in the foreign country where my desired species is located, and then making an offer for freshly harvested seed. I think in most cases, it's important to receive the freshest seeds possible.

Elopez2027@aol.com

• USA, New York City
    • View Profile
Re: RarePalmSeeds
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 11:49:35 AM »
I think in every case, seeds should be freshest possible. Thank you for this input.

wonderfruit

• US, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 05:54:58 PM »
Yes. I also think some palm seeds lose viability very soon. It happens that I collect myself seeds from the side of the butia palm but germination were disappointed.
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nakmuay

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 05:07:17 AM »
also had disappointing results, and bad customer service