Author Topic: Trading Opportunity - Temperate Fruits and Nuts  (Read 485 times)

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Trading Opportunity - Temperate Fruits and Nuts
« on: September 21, 2021, 07:19:28 PM »
It's that time of year when the temperate fruit crops are ripening. I am offering to trade these top quality temperate fruits to you people who can't get access to them easily in warmer climates. I will update this thread when I get new things to offer.
Right now I have some chestnuts to trade. I am interested in any tropical fruit, seed, scion, or plant available.
Chestnuts can be boiled or roasted and the ones available at the store don't do it justice. These were foraged by me from a local source. It is a mix of Chinese, Japanese, European, and some unknown hybrids. Taste is sweet and starchy.

These are in high demand and I can't send too many. First come first serve. Later in the season I will have different types of apples and other fruits.
If you don't have anything to trade, I can sell them to you. $25 for a small flat rate box shipped to you. If I don't respond to your pm in a day, I probably did not get it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Opportunity - Temperate Fruits and Nuts
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 09:35:25 PM »
Aren't chestnuts all affected by some blight?  I thought there was a disease that wipes them all out.  Not sure of how long it takes thougj

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Opportunity - Temperate Fruits and Nuts
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 09:54:16 PM »
Aren't chestnuts all affected by some blight?  I thought there was a disease that wipes them all out.  Not sure of how long it takes thougj
Yes, but some have more tolerance than others. The American chestnut was virtually wiped out of existence because of chestnut blight. Meanwhile, the Japanese and Chinese chestnuts have resistance to the blight and are not affected by it. The European chestnuts have some tolerance, but still can get killed. I read that scientists have crossed the Chinese with the American in an effort to introduce blight resistance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk