Author Topic: Selling - Alibertia edulis - Purui  (Read 14273 times)

micah

• Waipio Valley, Hawaii, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Alibertia edulis - Purui
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 12:45:42 AM »
Here is the update on our Hawaii Purui.  It was an early fruit that I noticed was getting brownish..funny cause another tree we have has fruit that are much older but still not ripe yet..  So I took inside and let ripen.  Waited for family to try, to get more opinion on it.  Wife and son and i say say 3.5 on scale of 10. To us pink limeberry, noni is a 1 on flavor. Daughter said no.  To us it tasted like a giant blackberry jamfruit, but better..without the aftertaste.  It taste like it got some good nutrients.Maybe it could be better if it was a more mature fruit.
Lots of seeds. I wonder if close to skin is edible?..it was more sourish tasting.
Does it look like a Purui on inside to the Puruiologist?
Aloha!

Micah,

Just wondering, any update on your purui suspect?  Has the fruit matured yet?  Does it seem to be purui?

John

I forget where they came from....a friend got them mailed to her and she gave me these.   I wondered if they were Purui or a relative.  When they ripen ill get some pics.  The leaves are very smooth and shiny when wet...like in the pic it was after a big storm. Luc's look more rough leafed. 

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
Re: Selling - Alibertia edulis - Purui
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 01:41:45 PM »
Sad to hear your family gave it only 3.5 on 10 scale . I really like mine , always very sweet and I eat them with seed and all , like iI said before the problem is a very long ripening period and you never know when the fruit is 100% ready .
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

micah

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 10:51:20 AM »
I'm hoping it was an immature fruit.   we havent given up on it yet.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 11:20:40 AM »
Is it Alibertia edulis ?

yes, give them some chelated Fe...
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »
Luc

Do you have Alibertia edulis seeds ?.
Moh'd

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 02:17:05 PM »
Luc

Oscar might have them too if Luc is out, I thought I saw them with my order from Oscar last week.😃
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »
Luc

Oscar might have them too if Luc is out, I thought I saw them with my order from Oscar last week.😃

Last time I checked a few days ago there were still 3 fruits left , I wish my son would stop giving tours , people always steel fruits even green ...
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2015, 12:50:24 AM »
Luc

Yes have seeds of them right now.
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2015, 01:38:22 AM »
I have 5 of these in 10 gal pots, (3 have flowered and are confirmed males)...I want to sell them all to one person for $20 ea....no shipping...pick up near Orlando area.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2015, 01:47:52 AM »
I have 5 of these in 10 gal pots, (3 have flowered and are confirmed males)...I want to sell them all to one person for $20 ea....no shipping...pick up near Orlando area.

10 gallon pot $20? :o That is a steal! I bet some nursery will buy them and at least double/triple the price.
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »
yes...the reason they are so cheap is because you need a male and female...and 3 already are males....and I want to sell them all to one person!

someone please come get these things...i need more room for jabuticabeiras!

10 gallon pot $20? :o That is a steal! I bet some nursery will buy them and at least double/triple the price.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 03:28:23 PM »
Here is the update on our Hawaii Purui.  It was an early fruit that I noticed was getting brownish..funny cause another tree we have has fruit that are much older but still not ripe yet..  So I took inside and let ripen.  Waited for family to try, to get more opinion on it.  Wife and son and i say say 3.5 on scale of 10. To us pink limeberry, noni is a 1 on flavor. Daughter said no.  To us it tasted like a giant blackberry jamfruit, but better..without the aftertaste.  It taste like it got some good nutrients.Maybe it could be better if it was a more mature fruit.
Lots of seeds. I wonder if close to skin is edible?..it was more sourish tasting.
Aloha!

Micah,

micah, this is the one you let me try the other month?  I got some seedlings starting and have put out a couple leaves.  it tasted alright in the beginning and then the after taste kicked in.
Just wondering, any update on your purui suspect?  Has the fruit matured yet?  Does it seem to be purui?

John

I forget where they came from....a friend got them mailed to her and she gave me these.   I wondered if they were Purui or a relative.  When they ripen ill get some pics.  The leaves are very smooth and shiny when wet...like in the pic it was after a big storm. Luc's look more rough leafed. 

micah, is this the one you let me try earlier this year?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:22:06 PM by palologrower »

micah

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »
Aloha!

Micah,

micah, this is the one you let me try the other month?  I got some seedlings starting and have put out a couple leaves.  it tasted alright in the beginning and then the after taste kicked in.

John

Palolo! I remember your reaction when tasting...haha. It was that Hawaii look of "you eat this crap?" Haha
Yes, the one in my pic is some type of Purui sp. Luc's one seems to look a bit different.
They are tasting better to me nowadays.
I'm tripping out on how long they take to ripen on tree...maybe a year or more..still has fruits from last season and the bush is flowering again.

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2015, 01:08:18 PM »
Aloha!

Micah,

John

Palolo! I remember your reaction when tasting...haha. It was that Hawaii look of "you eat this crap?" Haha
Yes, the one in my pic is some type of Purui sp. Luc's one seems to look a bit different.
They are tasting better to me nowadays.
I'm tripping out on how long they take to ripen on tree...maybe a year or more..still has fruits from last season and the bush is flowering again.

Micah you're wrong.   More like "I drove all the way from Hilo to waipio in the early morning to eat this???????"  Hahaha.  First taste was good but after turned weird.  Hahaha

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2015, 01:32:54 AM »
Still have 7 healthy plants in 10 gal pots, (about 5-6 ft tall flowering size) need to get rid of them all, preferably to one person !!

I'm willing to  sell them all for $70 total...I don't want to give them away, but don't want to step them up or plant them either.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com