Author Topic: Upcoming Events at Fruit & Spice Park (Chris Rollins' last year)  (Read 1741 times)

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Just wanted to post the upcoming F&S park events.  They are listed on the website [url]www.fruitandspicepark.org[/url, but wanted to make everyone aware, as I have often overlooked it.  This is the last year Chris Rollins will be working there, as he is retiring soon.

April 26:  Establishing a small grove w/ Chris Rollins  $25

May 10:  AM:  Children's Cane Pole Fishing Tournament
              PM:  Compost and Worm Tea $15

May 16-18:  Redland International Orchid Festival $8 admission

May 24:  Plant propagation (grafting, air-layering, etc.) w/ Chris Rollins  $40

June 14:  AM:  Lychee and Longan Workshop w/ Chris Rollins  $25
               PM:  Cooking With Mangoes $25

June 21-22:  Redland Summer Fruit Festival  $8 admission

July 9-13:  Rare Fruit Conference (see other thread for more info)  $100 for weekend; $150 for entire conference; $75 for students

July 12-13:  Mango Festival at Fairchild Garden

June 28:  Mango Mania! w/ Chris Rollins $40

July 19:  Indian Cooking $25

July 26:  Ice Cream for Tropical Fruit $25

September 6  AM: Vegetable Gardening for your yard w/ Chris Rollins  $25
                     PM:  Cooking with Jackfruit $25

~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

kgknight

• southeast florida
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Events at Fruit & Spice Park (Chris Rollins' last year)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:12:30 AM »
Nice Gunnar.
I wonder if the mods could sticky the big events in the main forum like the Redlands, fruit conference and mango mania?

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Events at Fruit & Spice Park (Chris Rollins' last year)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 03:35:02 PM »
I attended the propagation workshop on saturday, and it was incredibly informative.  Chris is the kind of guy that you just want to keep listening to him talk.  So much knowledge, yet so approachable. 

While there, I had the privilege to graft a smathers white sapote while Chris and Maurice Kong looked on.  Now I know this isn't as good as if Chris gave me one of his signature grafts, but I will call it a 'peripheral Chris Rollins original'  ;D  Now if only I had gotten his autograph on the trunk

On another note, Chris is excited for the fruit conference and the redland fruit festival (June 21-22).  He joked that Richard Wilson won the long-standing bet regarding red jacks...Richard's was redder.  Also, they meet at F&S park wednesday evenings to help out around the park, and graft whatever is available.  Anybody that's interested should definitely hit them up wednesday evening. 
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk