Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Buy, Sell & Trade

Dwarf Amberella

<< < (2/3) > >>

fruitlovers:

--- Quote from: HMHausman on May 18, 2012, 03:48:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: fruitlovers on May 18, 2012, 04:44:13 AM ---Just did a taste comparison between my dwarf and regular sized tree. Regular one the fruits were 4x more tasty. No comparison.

--- End quote ---

LOL.......4x?  Exactly how did you quantify that, Oscar?  I do have to agree.  While the exact number value of the better taste may be subjective, I do definitely agree that the larger tree not only produces larger fruit, but better tasting fruit as well.

Harry

--- End quote ---

I use my inbuilt tongue delishospectrometer. I definitely got a 4x better reading. That dial never lies. Ofcourse reading could vary depending on many variables.  ;)

Mike T:
I have a dwarf ambarella that has nice fruit like the big ones.It is the dwarf type that branches heavily and is wider than it is tall.A friend has a more pole like dwarf that has resinous fruit.The fruit are a fraction smaller than most big ones.In the market a couple of months ago I saw ambarella fruit that were double the size of anything I have sen before.

HMHausman:
The fruits on my larger tree are similar but not the same as my dwarf. The dwarf fruits tend to not only be smaller, but they are shaped differently. My larger tree's fruit are more round than my dwarf. The dwarf definitey fruits heavier per the size of the tree and the fruit dimensions are somewhat longer than round. In any case,  I do prefer the flavor of the larger tree's fruit.
Harry

fruitlovers:
My guess is that these 2 plants are really different species. They are just too different from each other to be same species.

NewGen:

--- Quote from: HMHausman on May 18, 2012, 03:48:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: fruitlovers on May 18, 2012, 04:44:13 AM ---Just did a taste comparison between my dwarf and regular sized tree. Regular one the fruits were 4x more tasty. No comparison.

--- End quote ---

LOL.......4x?  Exactly how did you quantify that, Oscar?  I do have to agree.  While the exact number value of the better taste may be subjective, I do definitely agree that the larger tree not only produces larger fruit, but better tasting fruit as well.

Harry

--- End quote ---

Oscar must've eaten 4 fruits from the full-sized tree, and just 1 from the dwarf.
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version