Author Topic: SELL one lot of maprang seeds 12 count  (Read 2139 times)

Nick C

• New Jersey Zone 7A
    • View Profile
Re: SELL one lot of maprang seeds 12 count
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2023, 09:50:28 PM »
Definitely got fruits from the same seller cause i also paid $40/lb lol whats the best method for getting all the extra flesh off the seed ? Trying to plant these ones out

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2023, 10:38:02 PM »
Definitely got fruits from the same seller cause i also paid $40/lb lol whats the best method for getting all the extra flesh off the seed ? Trying to plant these ones out
So yeah I'm in the same boat. Gonna use the perlite washing scrubbing trick from Adam. tru and Okvid, I'll get your seeds out tomorrow.
Last time I just stuck them into the soil and they did fine. I've seen others remove the husk like you can on mango. But think it's much work and could damage the seed.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2023, 11:07:00 PM »

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2023, 11:15:45 PM »
Interesting read on other uses for maprang seeds:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2405844019357123

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2023, 12:24:23 AM »
maprang seeds are purple!? How cool I never knew. No rush jabo preciate it
instagram @trumansacco

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2023, 03:23:41 AM »

If you're in NJ and was exposed for any period of time, there is a chance the seeds died.  I notice that when i imported some varieties lat year, half of the whole batches just didn't germinate.  The route in which they flew made a difference.  If they sat on the tarmac in Japan/korea, goners.  So if they were sitting at all for long periods in NJ... but hopefully if they were in teh fruit, the flesh gave some protection from freezing the embryo.

Nick C

• New Jersey Zone 7A
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2023, 10:35:11 AM »

If you're in NJ and was exposed for any period of time, there is a chance the seeds died.  I notice that when i imported some varieties lat year, half of the whole batches just didn't germinate.  The route in which they flew made a difference.  If they sat on the tarmac in Japan/korea, goners.  So if they were sitting at all for long periods in NJ... but hopefully if they were in teh fruit, the flesh gave some protection from freezing the embryo.

Im not really sweating it. Outside of one major freeze it’s been a pretty mild winter in jersey with a lot of days in the 40/50s. Got in some theobroma bicolor seeds a couple weeks back and they’re germinating. But we shall see, I’ve ordered maprang seeds in the summer and those all ended up being duds too

Nick C

• New Jersey Zone 7A
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2023, 05:52:10 PM »
Planted the seeds out last week. Dug one up out of curiosity and seeds are still viable.