Author Topic: Vietnamese avocado shake/smoothie (sinh tố bơ)  (Read 4098 times)

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
Vietnamese avocado shake/smoothie (sinh tố bơ)
« on: July 10, 2013, 01:11:05 AM »
1 ripe avocado
1 cup of ice(crushed ice is preferred for easier blending, but not necessary)
1/2 cup milk(feel free to substitute  fat free, 1-2% milk, soy, almond or even coconut milk, but that might be too rich)
1/3 cup of sweetened condense milk(can be adjusted for more or less depending on how sweet you like your shake, can even use honey, agave,sugar, or simple syrup, but these have to be adjusted as well since some can be too sweet if use the same amount as the listed recipe amount for condense milk)

Blend till smooth and enjoy this tasty summer treat. But just don't have it too often, unless you want your waistline to expand ;)

Note: First time I had this was at my local Pho(Vietnamese) restaurant, it didn't look very good in the picture on the menu, but was ever so good. They also had a durian shake that was also very good, but that's for next time.

*** mod edit:  spelling edit***
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:23:26 AM by Tim »

Doglips

• Houston TX 9A
    • View Profile
Re: Vietnamese avocado shake/smoothie (sinh tố bơ)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:26:59 PM »
I have recently become a fan of these.  The local Pho restaraunt has these with bubbles (tapioca), sounded a little freaky at first, I'm sold.

I don't know what all they put in it, but they are darn good (lo-cal I'm sure).

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:54:30 PM »
Try the recipe above and you can enjoy your own and not have to go out to the Pho restaurant, every time you crave one. Great summer treat or if you just want a sweet creamy shake/smoothie anytime. You can also buy those large tapioca pearl use for boba shake/tea, at the most Asian stores. But, there are two kinds, the long cooking ones and the short precooked ones, where you only have to cook/boil them for about 10-20mins. But, one tip even for the long cooking ones, soak them 1-2 hours, then your cooking time should be reduce and they will become soft and chewy.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 12:07:26 PM »
The avocados used for the preparation of the smoothie make a huge difference in taste. I recommend using something more like Lula or Reed rather then Hass.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Doglips

• Houston TX 9A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 07:11:54 AM »
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup milk(feel free to substitute  fat free, 1-2% milk, soy, almond or even coconut milk, but that might be too rich)
1/3 cup of sweetened condense milk(can be adjusted for more or less depending on how sweet you like your shake, can even use honey, agave,sugar, or simple syrup, but these have to be adjusted as well since some can be too sweet if use the same amount as the listed recipe amount for condense milk)

Ok, I tried this, pretty darn good, I did up the ice content to make it a little lighter and more refreshing, but good just the same.

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 07:22:11 PM »
1 ripe avocado

Ok, I tried this, pretty darn good, I did up the ice content to make it a little lighter and more refreshing, but good just the same.
Glad you liked it, share and get people(family/friends ect.) hooked on it and pass around the recipe. After all sharing is caring ;D