Author Topic: Fruit Lover's Nursery Seed and Scions  (Read 147370 times)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Fruit Lover's Nursery Seed and Scions
« Reply #300 on: March 13, 2015, 01:14:53 AM »
last night on the ipad was no problem. today on the desktop using chrome or internet explorer, page doesn't show. ugh. well, i'll have to look at it tonight.

I've only had reports of problems on mobile devices, never from anyone using a desktop. The whole website shows fine on my desktop on chrome, IE, and firefox.
Oscar

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2015, 08:27:24 AM »
My very nice seedling Pouteria torta subsp. gallifructa , seeds from fruitlovers.com, thanks Oscar !

UPDATE MY SEEDLINGS , LEAVES AROUND 50 CM OR MORE, VERY BEAUTIFUL !!!!

davidgarcia899

• Marabu Groves - Redland, Florida
  • Marabu Groves
    • USA, Miami-Dade, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2015, 10:54:22 AM »
How old is this seedling?
- David Antonio Garcia

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2015, 07:34:24 PM »
Ricardo, did you see the photos on Flickr of the Russian in Brazil? He has very nice photos of gallifructa. Maybe growing wild in Bahia?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/plants_of_russian_in_brazil/with/8165292413/
Oscar

joaave

• jujuy-argentina
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2015, 09:12:41 PM »
hi fruitlovers  you sell ilamas seed? im from argentina

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #305 on: March 18, 2015, 10:37:33 PM »
hi fruitlovers  you sell ilamas seed? im from argentina

Yes i sell them but don't have any right now. Maybe in a couple of months. Do have poshte right now, Annona scleroderma.
Oscar

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 19, 2015, 07:14:36 AM »
Ricardo, did you see the photos on Flickr of the Russian in Brazil? He has very nice photos of gallifructa. Maybe growing wild in Bahia?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/plants_of_russian_in_brazil/with/8165292413/

Oscar, I saw now, very beautiful tree and fruit !

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 19, 2015, 07:15:56 AM »
How old is this seedling?

I don't remember, I think 2 years old

AlexRF

• Subarctic Member
  • Alex
    • Russia, Saint-Petersburg, warmhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 19, 2015, 03:15:10 PM »
Oscar,
tell please what Garcinia spp (except Mangosteen) is sweetest and tastiest for your opinion?
Thanks
YES WE SCAN NEW TROPICAL FRUITS

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #309 on: March 19, 2015, 05:55:01 PM »
Oscar,
tell please what Garcinia spp (except Mangosteen) is sweetest and tastiest for your opinion?
Thanks

Achachairu and cherapu. Luc's Mexican garcinia is reportedly better and bigger than achachairu but haven't tasted it yet.
Oscar

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2015, 03:51:40 AM »
Hi Oscar,

About Mammea americana, How many variety do you have ?. If my memory serves me well,I think you said you have two varieties, correct ?. And Do I need more than one tree in order to fruit Mamey apple ?.
Moh'd

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2015, 06:48:18 AM »
Hi Oscar,

About Mammea americana, How many variety do you have ?. If my memory serves me well,I think you said you have two varieties, correct ?. And Do I need more than one tree in order to fruit Mamey apple ?.

Have 2: Waimanalo Dwarf and Fairchild. They can sometimes fruit on their own, but it's much better to have 2 trees as some are trees can turn out just male.
Oscar

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2015, 07:38:55 AM »
Hi Oscar,

Have 2: Waimanalo Dwarf and Fairchild. They can sometimes fruit on their own, but it's much better to have 2 trees as some are trees can turn out just male.
These tropical apricot are giant tree Oscar at Mount Botanical Garden in west Palm, mine is doing well, so what height does the dwarf attain; hope I got the dwarf?
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2015, 07:40:39 AM »
Hi Oscar,

Thanks.

I need  5 seeds of each variety and If you can send them in September that will be better because The weather is going to be a little cooler than August.

Don't worry I'll write this information in PayPal's Note.  ;D
Moh'd

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2015, 07:43:12 AM »
Hi Oscar,

These tropical apricot are giant tree Oscar at Mount Botanical Garden in west Palm, mine is doing well, so what height does the dwarf attain; hope I got the dwarf?

Waimanalo is not truly dwarf, but it does seem smaller than most trees. Mine is about 15 feet tall and over 20 years old.
Oscar

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »
Hi Oscar,

Waimanalo is not truly dwarf, but it does seem smaller than most trees. Mine is about 15 feet tall and over 20 years old.
yuup your truly is a dwarf, crab why do I always gave my best stuff to my friends!😭 I am going to have to order it again! Dioecious crap triple order!😄

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 07, 2015, 09:12:19 AM »
Hi Oscar,

yuup your truly is a dwarf, crab why do I always gave my best stuff to my friends!😭 I am going to have to order it again! Dioecious crap triple order!😄

Hi Coconut,

What is your opinion on the quality of mamey apple fruit ?.
Moh'd

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 07, 2015, 11:39:07 AM »
Hi Oscar,

Hi Coconut,

. Absolutely delicious after a brining process to detox its fart attribute for me but stomache cramps to other from excessive fresh consumption.  Some varieties ratio of seed to flesh can be appalling.  Better varieties and preferably dwarf should have decent 30% flesh to seed ratio without the stringness.  This fruit need to be brought to Asia or the Middle East for better selection and improvement.  Unfortunately here in the Americas its potential are greatly misunderstood.  I like the apricot tartness that is quite pleasant for fresh eating, making liquor & ice cream in moderation like everything else.  The tree is quite hardy and can handle drought better than most of the transplant fruit tree species to Florida.  Personally I prefer this tropical apricot to over let us said african peach.  Wood are hard and durable for gunstock and does not attract lots of maintenance outside of watering them when young.  I think this is a great fruit tree for the arid zone, man the 50 footer at Mount Botanical Garden is a massive oak like tree that throw out an umbrella girth full of shade!  I think any of the landolphia lianas would be a perfect candidate for this companion planting. 😃

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 07, 2015, 04:40:46 PM »
Hi Oscar,

Hi Coconut,

. Absolutely delicious after a brining process to detox its fart attribute for me but stomache cramps to other from excessive fresh consumption.  Some varieties ratio of seed to flesh can be appalling.  Better varieties and preferably dwarf should have decent 30% flesh to seed ratio without the stringness.  This fruit need to be brought to Asia or the Middle East for better selection and improvement.  Unfortunately here in the Americas its potential are greatly misunderstood.  I like the apricot tartness that is quite pleasant for fresh eating, making liquor & ice cream in moderation like everything else.  The tree is quite hardy and can handle drought better than most of the transplant fruit tree species to Florida.  Personally I prefer this tropical apricot to over let us said african peach.  Wood are hard and durable for gunstock and does not attract lots of maintenance outside of watering them when young.  I think this is a great fruit tree for the arid zone, man the 50 footer at Mount Botanical Garden is a massive oak like tree that throw out an umbrella girth full of shade!  I think any of the landolphia lianas would be a perfect candidate for this companion planting. 😃

The only fruit that gets a lot of attention is mango. Don't get me wrong, I love mango and there's no doubt that it is a wonderful fruit but, there are many fruits that need to be selected. I highly doubt we will see that day especially in the Mideast.

I love apricot and If I mange to fruit mamey apple in here that will be a real jackpot in my book.

Thanks Coconut
Moh'd

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2015, 11:43:55 PM »
Hi Oscar,

Hi Coconut,

The only fruit that gets a lot of attention is mango. Don't get me wrong, I love mango and there's no doubt that it is a wonderful fruit but, there are many fruits that need to be selected. I highly doubt we will see that day especially in the Mideast.

I love apricot and If I mange to fruit mamey apple in here that will be a real jackpot in my book.

Thanks Coconut

I hear you, infact Mango give me rash just like its relative poison ivy, cashew nut tree and brazil pepper tree; over rated.  I am on a quest hunting down the best dwarf tropical apricot for growing in Israel & Sahelian Africa.  This tree is very resistant to Locust plaque and have a very deep tap root!  Very strong against huricane.  The best selection would be smaller stone and flesh most agreeble to everyone! Israeli pomologists are doing breeding work hopefully we see exciting things to come from them!😃

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2015, 03:23:05 AM »
Coconut,

This PDF file might be helpful for your quest in searching for the best Tropical Apricot.

http://www.crec.ifas.ufl.edu/academics/faculty/burns/pdf/242-243.pdf
Moh'd

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2015, 10:32:38 AM »
Coconut,

This PDF file might be helpful for your quest in searching for the best Tropical Apricot.

http://www.crec.ifas.ufl.edu/academics/faculty/burns/pdf/242-243.pdf

They have a long way to go!  Also the notion of growing them as an agricultural crop in Florida is a fart!  You will often find agriculture researchers clueless as to simple economics. Anyone stupid enough to grow this crop in South Florida should send all their money to me so I can invest for them in aquacultures & real estates!  The land in S. Florida are becoming a premium for growing McMansions not Mangosteens.  If a Mutual Fund complex can come in and beg me to sell my Land slate for Macupuno Coconut at half a mill per acre; I dont have high hope for the future of the Farming district here; we will become an urban jungle very soon like LA.  I blame those Dam Californians for selling their over inflated earthquake avocado plantation; come here plot down 8 mill for a house not on intercoastal, not even half finish. We got wealthy Chinese calling before the permit are approved!

Thats is why I beleive cheap land no freeze zone will be better for selection & breeding in Asia & Middle East. Africa it could double as a charcoal & fruit crop.  Anyway I have zero in Oscar selection as the best candidate for my personal use.  In time a champion of this fruit will be discover some where in South East Asia were people are more inclined to improve on fruits than else where on earth in the new millenium.  It is disgusting to see young people favorite fruit in Obese America is a manufactured gummy corn syrup, corn starch & corn Gelatin!  Lately I am hunting for darf variety of anything, I am starting to shrink with age so I need something within reach so Oscar's Dwarf appeal to me very much. It is growing very well at my friend house in Davie, florida.  The one at my house is Mt. Botanical which seem to be cold resistant even as seedling, fruit is skimpy in flesh but I just love the genetic.  I send some of the seeds I found to Israel five years ago from Mount Botanical Garden; the Israeli are noted for ag research for the desert so something will fruit from this endeavor!😄

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2015, 11:47:16 AM »
was just browsing your site Oscar...it's been a while...but I must admit, your website is probably the best source for tropical fruit seeds.

I need to update mine one day  :-[ 

this forum has turned into my website.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »
was just browsing your site Oscar...it's been a while...but I must admit, your website is probably the best source for tropical fruit seeds.

Thanks Adam. I've added a lot of offerings to my seed page lately. It's been really hard to keep up with all the orders, especially now that spring has sprung. Maintaining a website is quite a chore. Often i'm up till very late making changes on that website. Somebody compared building a website to building a house, and its a very good analogy: the work is never finished. Always something needs to be repaired or remodeled or improved. I'd like to add growing information about all the new seed species added, but i just don't have the time right now. Maybe some day.
Oscar

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 24, 2015, 06:24:53 PM »

Thanks Adam. I've added a lot of offerings to my seed page lately. It's been really hard to keep up with all the orders, especially now that spring has sprung. Maintaining a website is quite a chore. Often i'm up till very late making changes on that website. Somebody compared building a website to building a house, and its a very good analogy: the work is never finished. Always something needs to be repaired or remodeled or improved. I'd like to add growing information about all the new seed species added, but i just don't have the time right now. Maybe some day.

The HTML code looks pretty straight forward, simple, to the point  on your website Oscar. Can be a good thing since, its easier to fix something that broke on it, but a lot of people this day and age like pretty simplistic websites that scale easily on smart phones and tablets. The website does not work on my mobile phone (and most likely tablet).

Have you considered using wordpress or webflow template to make the website? (I know a lot of templates are cookie cutter, though a good portion can be modified adding a good unique look). Advantages would be can add some nice updated graphics, database, and mobile usability to the webpage). I would look into webflow, my friend has a website development and marking company (I believe he recommended webflow to me for diy website template).

https://webflow.com/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:26:25 PM by nullzero »
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk