Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Mangoes that taste like Kent?

(1/6) > >>

simon_grow:
Hello everyone, I was wondering what other mango varieties taste like Kent? Quang from Ongs nursery mentioned that Kent doesn't grow very fast here in San Diego. My friend that lives down the street from me had a small kent growing and it is not doing very well. It could be that he is not taking good care of his trees but I wanted to know what other options I have for mangoes that taste similar or better than Kent. Thanks in advance!
Simon

JF:

--- Quote from: simon_grow on September 01, 2012, 09:53:51 PM ---Hello everyone, I was wondering what other mango varieties taste like Kent? Quang from Ongs nursery mentioned that Kent doesn't grow very fast here in San Diego. My friend that lives down the street from me had a small kent growing and it is not doing very well. It could be that he is not taking good care of his trees but I wanted to know what other options I have for mangoes that taste similar or better than Kent. Thanks in advance!
Simon

--- End quote ---

Haden.... one of my all time favorite.

nullzero:
I am growing out seedlings of Kent, hope they do well.

HMHausman:

--- Quote from: simon_grow on September 01, 2012, 09:53:51 PM ---Hello everyone, I was wondering what other mango varieties taste like Kent? Quang from Ongs nursery mentioned that Kent doesn't grow very fast here in San Diego. My friend that lives down the street from me had a small kent growing and it is not doing very well. It could be that he is not taking good care of his trees but I wanted to know what other options I have for mangoes that taste similar or better than Kent. Thanks in advance!
Simon

--- End quote ---

Kent is a fairly standard like for most mango lovers.  Southern Blush comes to mind as having some similarities to Kent. There are  others.  Spirit of 76 also engenders the same level of taste enjoyment in many people that try it.  I am commenting on the general likeability as much or even perhaps more than actual flavor I guess.  Each mango has its own nuance of flavors.

Harry

johnb51:
I've found that most of the Keitts I've eaten have a flavor similar to Kent.  Am I the only one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version