Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Ross Sapote Growth rate...Central FL container over 1.5yr or so...

(1/2) > >>

FlyingFoxFruits:
x

Tropicdude:
I would love some seed, I'll be "State Side" in April, I'll send postage and all that, I hope you have seeds then.

Felipe:
Adam, great job and great pictures! You're my idol  ;)

FlyingFoxFruits:

--- Quote from: Felipe on February 05, 2012, 06:01:31 AM ---Adam, great job and great pictures! You're my idol  ;)

--- End quote ---

Haha Felipe!

Funny Ohiojay is my hero! (lycheeluva up there to!)

Glad to be a role model!!!

Oscar is my arch-nemesis!  able to grow all the best fruits in USA, with true tropical weather!

LOL not really, Oscar my hero for sure!!! I'm just jealous!!!  He needs to mail me 100lbs of rollinia fruit, and dig up his two G. prainiana and express mail to me....if I win the lottery watch out!  I'm making you an offer that's gonna b down right, hard to turn down (yes u Oscar, Ohiojay, Cherapu hoarders!!!)

LOLOL

JF:

--- Quote from: ASaffron on February 05, 2012, 12:02:13 AM ---First pic is from August 01,  2010, when the tree was in a 5 gal I believe.

Also, is one pic of the tree on October 28, 2010, after stepping up into a larger white container..around 15 gal maybe less.

Here are a few, more recent pics of the same tree from 2012...flowering like mad!!  25 gal...ready for action! and fruits again like last year!

Had fruits to eat in mid 2011, only 3 set, and 2 made it...bird got one...amazing fruits!! tasty as can be...harvested over 8moths after flowering though!  They stayed on tree in greenhouse for cold winter we had in 2010...but fruit was fine...ripening around July of 2011...

Seeds will be distributed, if a few of you may want seed.  Hope to have lots of seed to share!

--- End quote ---

Those are incredible looking trees!! How would you characterize the taste of Ross Sapote? I do not like Canistel or Lucuma so if it is similiar I wouldn't be interested.

JF

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version