Author Topic: white sapote grafting - video and questions  (Read 7411 times)

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
Re: white sapote grafting - video and questions
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2021, 08:13:16 AM »
Does anyone have any advice on how many buds to leave, after grafting? I'm assuming 3 to 4, like with other fruit trees, but maybe white sapote is different?

Hi, Nexxogen. I'm in the same situation - if i order it and there will be no opportunity to  graft the scions immediately because of some reasons ( job, cold weather in my region 9a ), I should think about how to store them. Could you find the answer?

Sorry for not spotting your question before. I've been advised by Felipe to wrap in parafilm (they came already wrapped in it) and store them inside a plastic bag, in a cool and dark place, but NOT in the refrigerator as it is too cold in there, according to him. They won't last for months, but they will last for a while, especially if they are about pencil-thick.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2021, 10:20:44 AM »
I've grafted young, old, green, brown - it all works. I have had success with branches 4" or longer, mostly. The smaller stuff has a higher propensity to dry out before it has healed.

Here's my best bark graft. It was so helpful these worked cause the tree was totally bare of branches on about 40% of the trunk. Now it is a very well balanced tree

nexxogen

• Bar, Montenegro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2021, 09:58:40 AM »
Is July too late to graft white sapote?

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2021, 11:56:33 AM »
Is July too late to graft white sapote?

No, where your at should be able to graft all year long. As long as you have good scion wood.