Author Topic: WTB: Fortunella Hindsii (aka Hong kong kumquat / kinzu / Golden bean kumquat)  (Read 6914 times)

Piss P

• Washington DC (7b)
    • View Profile
I personally use sonofarm panels. Newer company, but great quality stuff. Otherwise for cheap lights I use bloom plus lights. Most of the cheaper ones all work the same with similar output. I’ve been testing lights for a few years now so if anyone’s interested I can do an actual breakdown of the on brand expensive stuff vs cheap knock offs.

Yes please do! I got a ViparSpectra xs2000 a few months back and have been quite happy with it. I'm now thinking about getting another but am curious what the higher-end brands have to offer.

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
I’ve tested all these below:

Mars Hydro (1000w, and 2500w, 120w and 260w actual)
Sonofarm (1000w and 4000w, 100w and 440w actual)
Viparspectra (1000w, ? Actual)
Unitfarm (1000w, 60w actual)
Canagrow (300w bulb, 60w actual)
Sansi LED (70w actual)
Bloom Plus (1000w, 80w actual)
And various burple lights I would never touch again lol.

In my opinion, the best is sonofarm. Same quality as Mars Hydro, only cheaper. Plus a 5 year warranty? Can’t beat it! Made with quality Samsung LM301B’s, plus genuine controllers.. It has fewer chips than the Mars, but run more power through each. A little lower power consumption overall, but very equivalent to Mars and runs around $100 less.

So sonofarm and Mars tie for output, but sonofarm sells them cheaper with a longer warranty. Viparspectra would be a good second place after the two tie, and bloom plus is not far behind (especially for the price). The brightness is definitely noticeable when comparing bloom plus to sonofarm, but quite similar to viparspectra. So due to the price point, I’d rather buy 2 bloom plus for the same price of 1 viparspectra lol.

Unit farm would come in next, but it has more of a harsh white light to it than a warm full spectrum. Still grows my trees well! I use it for newly grafted trees as it’s not so intense.

Sansi is my number 4, but when spending the money, I’d rather buy panels. Sansi sells their 70w for $70, and bloom plus panel is around $45. Bloom plus has much better coverage. Canagrow makes a really nice high powered bulb if you’re just looking for something small. $25 can’t beat that.

So anyway, sonofarm is my top (plus they’re all dimmable) I plan to buy more panels to replace the others as my trees grow and I feel like investing. In the pic below, left two panels are both sonofarm, on the right far back is my 2500w Mars, and the other two are both bloom plus. I’m using the viparspectra and other Mars over my rooted cuttings. All in all, my actual draw is around 1000w TOTAL using everything I have plus two root mats and 3 ventilation fans. If you look closely, you can see the difference in brightness of the chips. Sonofarm I feel takes the crown over all. I will note that the Mars has been used last winter so brightness does deteriorate overtime.

Piss P

• Washington DC (7b)
    • View Profile
Really appreciate all that. The Sonofarm sf2000 is looking like a good purchase then. For what its worth, I found the reviews by Dr MJ Coco and Rows of Green on YouTube to be really informative and helpful

Azaten

• Canada
    • View Profile

If anyone is looking for P-quat, woodlanders just sent me a nice little tree with 1 fruit on it. They still have them and are shipping this month only.

Sorry, I am a bit new to citruses. By P-quat do you mean procimequat? If so, I am very very interested. Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 02:42:14 PM by Azaten »

S L Sly

• 🍊ORANGE, CA🍊
    • View Profile
Tons of little fruits, crazy everywhere. Flowering again even... I will have seeds available soon.

I'm wondering if you have any seeds or plants, I had one once and would like one again.
Thank you for your response

Walt

• USA, Kansas, Kanopolis, zone 6
    • View Profile
I bought him out for now.  They seemed a good project for the bonsai club.  But I could spare a couple of fruit.  PM me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk