Author Topic: Madison Citrus; the very finest  (Read 1040 times)

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
Madison Citrus; the very finest
« on: September 15, 2021, 03:13:25 PM »
I don’t normally do this, but I really feel this is well deserved. I wanted to throw another shoutout to Madison Citrus Nursery ran by a really down to earth guy, Hershell.

I just wanted to say, I’ve purchased thousands of dollars of trees from many vendors throughout the US like many of you had, yet in my opinion none compare to those of this quality for the price you pay. On top of that, he offers some crazy rare trees that no one else seems to! He’s just a guy that has an absolute passion for the hobby as we all do, but not out to gouge. I had the pleasure of talking with Hershell when I asked some questions about my trees I bought from him. I have his permission to share some pictures from his nursery about his plants and show that quality I’m talking about.

https://madisoncitrusnursery.com

He’s got some cool stuff coming, various variegated varieties (those that are more uncommon), Red Finger Limes, Giant Finger limes, Amoa 8, and much more.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 03:15:54 PM by franklazar26 »

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: Madison Citrus; the very finest
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 03:40:38 PM »
I fully agree,  The very best citrus tree I ever purchased came from Maddison Citrus Nursery. 

Olivier

• Montreal, Qc, Canada - Zone 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 08:12:35 AM »
I just bought 7 trees from Madison Citrus Nursery. They all look great.
I was surprised to see they sold US942, I couldn't find that rootstock anywhere else.

franklazar26

• WI, Zone 5A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 08:45:01 AM »
I just bought 7 trees from Madison Citrus Nursery. They all look great.
I was surprised to see they sold US942, I couldn't find that rootstock anywhere else.

I honestly don’t think I’ll buy from anywhere else! They’re one of the very few that ship to most states in the US, AND Canada! Hershell is just a super swell guy too. If you guys get the chance, chat with him for a bit. He’s packed with knowledge!