Everything Else > Tropical Vegetables and Other Edibles - Buy, Sell, & Trade

Kava - Piper methysticum... Looking for a plant or rhizomes to buy in Costa Rica

<< < (3/4) > >>

professor:
Hey Joshua, you are just a few hours from me as I'm north of Liberia.  No I haven't found it yet here. Not sure if I will.  I did visit Ark Herb farm last year and was very impressed, got many plants and seeds too. Not sure if he has it now.  For anyone that is looking in the states, I saw last month that Pete at his Green Dreams Nursery n Florida has Kava and will be selling it finally once he has propagated it out.

SummerBass:
Hello there! I came across your old forum post and noticed that you were looking for a Piper methysticum start/rhizome in Costa Rica. Tbh, I don't have any leads on that specific item, but I did want to recommend a kava bar that you might be interested in checking out. Hideout Kava Bar Clematis St is a cool spot in the States with some great kava strains and a relaxed vibe. As for finding a Piper methysticum start/rhizome in Costa Rica, have you tried reaching out to local herb shops or markets? They might be able to point you in the right direction. Best of luck with your search!

D-Grower:
Ark Herb Farm I believe is in Costa Rica. They might have kava but if not lots of other cool species including entheogenic species.

See that this place was already mentioned now. Hope you found some kava for your gardens.

JF Paso:
Just a warning, these grow large!  I had to cut the two I bought from Logees ( after 2 years) and  put the cuttings directly in pots - 4 of the cuttings (with root nodes) are growing well.  I put all of them in a shade room during our coldest days (room went to 50f.  And now that the weather has warmed strong growth has started.  Most important, I've noticed is the need for a lot of water and they grow well in shade ( in the summer they are under the shade of a large tree) - and they can handle temps below 60 - not happy about it, but they can.  Hope this increases your success in growing.

mornigstar123:
Spammer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version