Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

fd were to over winter them up here????

<< < (2/3) > >>

swimmingfree:
will do lite on the water why there dormant ..   
swimmingfree

swimmingfree:
because the fd are dormant wood it be a good time to transplant them????   been thing doing trans planting on my other two trees  but i think they cood use some help from the Superoots Air-Pot i have the 2 gallon size ....  it will not be putting them in a bigger pot just a better pot the trees are from seeds with some graft on them ,....  the trees are small less then 4 feet tall  and not growing munch each year....what do you guys think ???? the Superoots Air-Pot wood not hurt ( i think ) it may help just not sure what to do????
swimmingfree

swimmingfree:
what make the flying dragon go dormant lack of sun or the cold????
thank for your time
swimmingfree

Millet:
Both the short days and the colder temperatures play a part in dormancy. - Millet

Millet:
For all practical purposes we say that Poncirus Trifoliata goes dormant (endodormancy) during the winter months, but it does not actually go dormant (ecodormancy). During this period of reduced growth, the tree maintains a low rate of water transport, hydrolysis of starch to glucose, and glucose metabolism via cellular respiration, which  produces energy and maintains the tree's physiology. - Millet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version