Author Topic: Mature Airlayered Brewster Lychee trees available for pick up in San Diego  (Read 843 times)

MarktLee

• USA, California, Chula Vista Z24
    • View Profile
Hi,

I did a lot of airlayers in the last year, and have trees for sale from thumb size trunks up to arm size with multiple branches, some are even flowering and one has fruit. The prices are from $175 to $825. The photos are of most of what I have. I don't have anything left in the $100 range. These trees took over a year from air layering to rooting to growing out in the greenhouse.

I can't comment on each tree and the price without the person looking at the trees in person. The photos show a variety of sizes, all are rooted and ready to plant.

Thanks, Mark

12Zodiac

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
Mark, amazing looking lychee trees in such small pots. I would definitely pick one up if you’re in Los Angeles. Now the cost of gas driving to San Diego is more than the tree itself. GL.

MarktLee

• View Profile
Yeah, they are just filled with roots and ready for planting. I know the gas is crazy, you might have to pay $200 for a 3 foot tree shipped from Florida, haha.

You should try and get down here sometime, I've got all kinds of rare trees, grafted and airlayered. Plus there are some good nurseries like Atkins, Ong, Clausens and some other guys with rare things.

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
Yeah, they are just filled with roots and ready for planting. I know the gas is crazy, you might have to pay $200 for a 3 foot tree shipped from Florida, haha.

You should try and get down here sometime, I've got all kinds of rare trees, grafted and airlayered. Plus there are some good nurseries like Atkins, Ong, Clausens and some other guys with rare things.

At this point I’d avoid lychee from FL!!!! Let’s not bring that mite here. It’s already hard enough to grow lychee here, don’t need that!

MarktLee

• View Profile

At this point I’d avoid lychee from FL!!!! Let’s not bring that mite here. It’s already hard enough to grow lychee here, don’t need that!
That's right I totally forgot about the mite. Thanks

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Wow, your air layers look great. I wish my air layers turned out like that. Maybe next year I will improve on my skills.

MarktLee

• View Profile
Wow, your air layers look great. I wish my air layers turned out like that. Maybe next year I will improve on my skills.
Yes as you know it takes a lot of work and failures sometimes to get good trees propagated. It is especially tough in California with our long winters where we never get above 50 at nights, it takes us a lot longer than the guys in Florida.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Yup, I did 10 and only 3 survived after 1 year. Lots of work to get them to grow after it is removed from the mother tree.

mbmango

• LAX, CA
    • View Profile
Wow!  I'm almost willing to drive down, but I don't think my car is big enough to bring them home :P

MarktLee

• View Profile
Wow!  I'm almost willing to drive down, but I don't think my car is big enough to bring them home :P
You can put them in the front seat and the ends of the branches bend easy without damage.

MarktLee

• View Profile
Someone from LA just came down and we put 4 tall ones in her Subaru with no problem, one of. them even had a fruit on it.