Author Topic: PRICES MUST BE IN EVERY SALES POST  (Read 23818 times)

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
PRICES MUST BE IN EVERY SALES POST
« on: May 03, 2017, 09:46:23 PM »
I noticed there were a few posts that the prices were not listed. All posts now require the price of each item or your post will be deleted.

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Re: PRICES MUST BE IN EVERY SALES POST
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 02:48:43 AM »
Thanks, I REALLY appreciate this action! Can you make this a sticky?

Regards,

Gary

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 04:30:37 AM »
 Very good ;)
Mike

TREESNMORE

• USA Palm City FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 06:08:12 AM »
Thank you Murahilin prices should not be private in pm. Everyone should get the same price. Yes the more you buy the cheaper things get.
Mike

fsanchez2002

• FedHomestead
    • Homestead, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 06:10:47 AM »
Thanks Murahilin! Let's all enforce that rule; it will make the market more efficient/transparent which benefits all!
Federico
Homestead, FL

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »
If anyone sees a post without the prices, send me  PM, or you may also remind the poster of the rule.

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »
THANK YOU!!  It seemed that we made some progress along these lines a couple of years ago but it promptly went out the window again.  This will make things a lot more efficient and fair.

John

Mango Stein

• Zone 7a
    • Schengen frontier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 06:35:34 AM »
There are 4 different buy and sell subforums on TFF. I think it's too much bother to check all four: tropicals/subtropicals, citrus, temperate and vegetable. Why not just have one buy/sell subforum? A lot of the time things are getting missclassified anyway (e.g. pawpaw is not being put in temperate, finger lime is not put in citrus). Does Actinidia chinensis go to subtropical but Actinida deliciosa go to temperate?  :o

Also, there could be a subforum or thread for discussing forum matters. I have PMed mods and admin in the past and never gotten a reply.
Eugenia luschnathiana = CURUIRI.    Talisia esculenta = PITOMBA
I do not recommend people deal with Fruit Lovers, Prisca Mariya or Fernando Malpartida

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 01:33:16 AM »
Is the price given in the auction reference, such as here:

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=8605.925

Is acceptable? Should the price always appear in the content of the entry (eg under the link to the auction)?

In my opinion, the price (and the name of the product offered in the online reference) should be in each entry (on the forum), regardless of whether it is additionally in the link or not. It gives everyone - a nice point of reference. After some time the auctions expire and you can not check what the previous price was. Please, if possible, explain from the admin.
Patience is a gardener's virtue

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 04:47:26 PM »
Is the price given in the auction reference, such as here:

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=8605.925

Is acceptable? Should the price always appear in the content of the entry (eg under the link to the auction)?

In my opinion, the price (and the name of the product offered in the online reference) should be in each entry (on the forum), regardless of whether it is additionally in the link or not. It gives everyone - a nice point of reference. After some time the auctions expire and you can not check what the previous price was. Please, if possible, explain from the admin.

if you are linking to an auction, there is no way to designate a price to list on the forum.

by virtue of clicking on the link during the auction, you could at any time, see the actual price that is also visible to the public.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 05:49:59 PM »
In the case of your specific auctions, you enter the starting price, for example 30 USD, so in the case of your offer, the price is at least USD 30, so it is initially determined and constitutes a specific. My question is rather about price quotation for the auction with the option to buy now. In addition, I would like to find out if it is necessary in this situation to quote the initial prices / minimum prices for which a particular plant or seeds are put in the bidding option. Anyway, giving the initial price in the offer with the auction can be a good advertisement, especially if the auction will be from 1 USD. What do you think about Oscar? it's also interesting what the admin thinks about it. Thanks.

(14.01.2019 Of course, it was about Adam and not about Oscar. I'm sorry for my mistake.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:14:03 AM by Domnik »

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 06:55:19 PM »
In the case of your specific auctions, you enter the starting price, for example 30 USD, so in the case of your offer, the price is at least USD 30, so it is initially determined and constitutes a specific. My question is rather about price quotation for the auction with the option to buy now. In addition, I would like to find out if it is necessary in this situation to quote the initial prices / minimum prices for which a particular plant or seeds are put in the bidding option. Anyway, giving the initial price in the offer with the auction can be a good advertisement, especially if the auction will be from 1 USD. What do you think about Oscar? it's also interesting what the admin thinks about it. Thanks.

the initial price for the auction is not really a good indicator of the price that will be actually paid at the end of the auction, because you have to consider all the possible bids, the shipping cost, and the fact that I list my items at prices that are below what I'm comfortable selling the item for.  So I wouldn't want to have to keep posting low prices associated with my plants, so people keep asking me about buying them at the price I start my auctions at.  Also, the auctions I do on ebay are private, so you can't go back and see the final price paid for each auction.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 07:32:43 PM »
Also, the auctions I do on ebay are private, so you can't go back and see the final price paid for each auction.

So in conclusion - in the case of your auctions (sales entries) and forum publications, after some time no one will find out at what price the product was sold. As for me, however, this is an little inconvenience, because by reading this forum you can not compare previous and current prices. The reference point also disappears. So If you want to set the sales price based on other offers it is not possible. Auctions (regardless of whether it is a buy now option or a public or private bid) disappear after some time, so the reference point also disappears.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 01:53:58 AM »
But you should’nt even be able to see or bid on my auctions if you aren’t located in the USA, or PR
Also, the auctions I do on ebay are private, so you can't go back and see the final price paid for each auction.

So in conclusion - in the case of your auctions (sales entries) and forum publications, after some time no one will find out at what price the product was sold. As for me, however, this is an little inconvenience, because by reading this forum you can not compare previous and current prices. The reference point also disappears. So If you want to set the sales price based on other offers it is not possible. Auctions (regardless of whether it is a buy now option or a public or private bid) disappear after some time, so the reference point also disappears.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2018, 02:59:54 AM »
But you should’nt even be able to see or bid on my auctions if you aren’t located in the USA, or PR
I gave your entries as an example, because there are probably the most on the forum. However, the case concerns all possible similar entries.

Thanks for explanation FlyingFoxFruits. I understand the specificity of sales in auctions. As you have noticed, your forum sales entries in connection with the specificity of the auction should not include the price visible to everyone (because these are private ads). However, the requirement to provide a price in each sales notification is included in the rules of this forum section. Thanks to this, the same prices are visible to everyone. Someone may judge that such entries do not meet the requirements of the forum regulations, or that there are some exceptions (not described). If you entered the price of the buy now on the auction and gave the price on the forum, the matter would be clean and fully compliant with the rules of the forum. Currently, the situation is different. That's why I'm going to clarify the matter. By agreeing to the auctions in this section we are going back to the option that was earlier. Previously the price was determined privately and no one knew what she was.

The question to the administrator was briefly as follows: whether by the requirement to enter the price in the offer can be omitted by providing links to the bid auctions / private auctions etc? Some forums have 100% excluded linking to the auctions due to the short lifespan of such entries, and therefore their lack of transparency. As I described earlier: after some time the thread becomes illegible to the recipients, and the forum loses some of the value of the information store. FlyingFoxFruits, maybe some solution would be to enter in your forum entries - the initial price and the price for which the product was sold? Then, the requirement to provide prices would seem to be fulfilled and the forum would keep the treasure trove of information. I would like to know if the admin provided an exception in this matter and linking the auction is acceptable in this forum. Simple explanation of the matter and description of the exception, so that everything is clear.

Ellen

• Chenchun Town Foshan CITY, Guangdong Province, China
    • View Profile
we want tropical fruit seeds
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 06:45:38 AM »
Hello Everyone,

We are importer from China looking for all kinds of tropical fruit seeds. We have been in these business for 10 years.
Recently I am looking for below seeds:

Casimiroa edulis-White sapote seeds
Diospyros nigra - Black sapote seeds
Pouteria sapota - Mamey sapote seeds 
Strelitzia nicolai seeds.
We want them in large amount. Please contact me if you can supply us in bulk quantity.
whatsapp: +86-18924542326

Thank you
Tropical and subtropical seeds and plants purchasing.
susie-shi87@hotmail.com

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 11:19:49 AM »
So I wasn't exactly where I should post this, but it has come to my attention that the default parameters for messaging here do not do 2 important things
1. display messages as a conversation
2. keep a copy of a sent image in your inbox/thread

In order to change this, follow these steps one time

First- click Profile -> Account settings

Second- Click Modify Profile -> Personal Messaging

Finally- change the Display personal messages drop down option to "As a conversation" and check the box for save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default AND CLICK CHANGE PROFILE in the bottom right