Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Gummosis problem

<< < (3/3)

franklazar26:

--- Quote from: impatientgardener on August 26, 2022, 08:58:43 AM ---My variegated lemon did the EXACT same thing. However, it was a clipping and not a graft. I'm not sure if the variegation causes more weakness and susceptibility to crown rot, etc. I tried treatments using organicide plant doctor and phyton 35 a couple of weeks apart. Anyway, it lost all its leaves and died and I decided to go with a much taller grafted version which has had no problems. Good luck to you!

--- End quote ---

Mine is a rooted cutting as well, however I've used "Garden Phos" an few times now and it seems that the gummosis has slowed, it also is still pushing out new growth so I assume I might be in the clear and caught it early enough.

I think most citrus are rather susceptible to root rot, trifoliate are highly resistant. So most grafted trees are unaffected for the most part.

brian:
A half dozen of my trees had some gummosis a few years ago and agri-fos/garden-fos seemed to cure it for most of them, though a few died.  To be fair, I was pretty late in addressing the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version