Author Topic: Suhosine Mulberry (Debregeasia edulis)  (Read 651 times)

tropic_tester

• Bay Area, CA: USDA10A | Sunset17 | Heat3
    • View Profile
Suhosine Mulberry (Debregeasia edulis)
« on: June 28, 2023, 05:19:55 PM »
I have an established suhosine mulberry that seems to be doing quite well. Its the first year producing fruit and I'm wondering what kinds of ways people use it. After reading up on the plant, it seems that although the fruits are decent, people mainly use it as an ornamental and sometimes use the leaves. For people who have it, what are the best ways they've found to make use of the plant?

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Suhosine Mulberry (Debregeasia edulis)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 08:45:43 PM »
Interesting fruit, just read up on it after crossing this post. Looks like fresh berries, jams, and wines are main uses; bet it'd be a killer wine. What cultivar did you purchase?

tropic_tester

• Bay Area, CA: USDA10A | Sunset17 | Heat3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 04:54:29 PM »
I purchased the plant from OneGreenWorld. I've taken cuttings of it and it seems to root pretty easily. The only issue is that I've tried the fruit and maybe wasn't watered enough but they were sort of small and dry. But they are abundant along the stems of the bush.

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 12:16:49 AM »
Hope the next crop ends up better tasting for you, im sure a bit more water wouldnt hurt. Would love to give this one a shot, let me know if you ever have spare rooted cuttings!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk