Author Topic: Fertilizer for foliar spray  (Read 973 times)

Lovetoplant

• Oxnard,ca
    • View Profile
Fertilizer for foliar spray
« on: August 31, 2020, 02:19:02 AM »
All my trees response well when I foliar spray with liquid fish fertilizer.   Here are my questions:

1) Has anyone used other fertilizer to foliar spray and get good results?
2) Can  all water soluble fertilizer be used for foliar spray?

Thank you

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
Re: Fertilizer for foliar spray
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 10:44:06 AM »
We always use activated compost tea with trichoderma and micros as foliar. Helps with fungal problems, too.

Lovetoplant

• Oxnard,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 05:35:52 PM »
We always use activated compost tea with trichoderma and micros as foliar. Helps with fungal problems, too.
Can you disclose procedure of how to make activated composed tea that proven work for you?
I have heard tricoderma is very good fungii for plant roots system.   Would you happen to know where to get good source of tricoderma fungii?
Thank you

Keysbob

• USA, Florida, Marathon, 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:46:52 PM »
Hi lovetoplant. I make a 5 gal container of foliar spray that consists of 1:1 compost tea to rainwater, a splash of micronutrients (ferragrow 80 ml / 3 gal), about an ounce of fish emulsion, 3 ozs of kelp1 tbs pottasium bicarbonate...and most importantly, activated yeast. The yeast I am convinced has reduced all bacterial and fungal diseases to zero. None since I began using yeast! One other thing, as it gets into fall, I leave out the fish emulsion to reduce the n applied to my mangos. I also use a tbs of sticker to the brew.
Bob

Keysbob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 09:59:02 PM »
One other thing, I apply the spray at or near dusk whennthe stoma are opening.
Bob

Keysbob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 10:27:28 PM »
Probably the only thing I remember from the 1970s when I was studying forestry.
Bob

TheFlyingFarmer

• Miami, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 06:04:37 AM »
funny enough, i was just about to start a thread asking about folier spray this morning when i stumbled upon this one.

this is my first summer as a mango owner, but ive been using this method on my citrus trees for the past 2 years and the plants seem to respond well to it.  usually wait till about 8 or 9 pm when it finally drops below 90 degrees. ive been using BGI Citrus gain 8-3-9,(basically because i was too lazy to go out and buy something specifically for mangos) its a granular product. although it isnt specifically meant for use as a spray i usually mix 1 teaspoon with 5 gallons of water, with a splash of kelp emulsion. i let it sit in the bucket for about 2 hours to alow most of it to dissolve and then spray both the top and bottom of the leaves.

keep in mind all my plants are in containers and i tend to be light on fertilizer. my potting medium is a mix of just standard potting mix and coarse sand (50/50)