Author Topic: Looking for HAWAIIAN AVOCADOS SCIONS?  (Read 1485 times)

Willthomas76

• Chula Vista, California zone 10b
    • View Profile
Looking for HAWAIIAN AVOCADOS SCIONS?
« on: October 09, 2021, 12:54:57 PM »
I would like to purchase some Hawaiian variety avocado scions such as Kahalu'u, Greengold, Nishikawa, Sharwil etc.  I have these varieties but my trees are very small and most are not fruiting. I would like to share them with my FB group members as well.  I plan to do Fall and Spring purchases .  Please inbox me or reply if anyone has these for sell.  Thanks

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for HAWAIIAN AVOCADOS SCIONS?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 03:19:14 PM »
Hi Will, I will share some hawaii scions with you in February or March.  I quit using facebook so you can message me here or send me a text if you have my cell.  Theres one particular hawaiian type that is really well suited to our climate called fujikawa.  Its by far the best performing one out of all the ones Im growing.  I already top worked 3 or 4 trees with this variety here.  I grows very well and sets a lot of fruit. 
Brad Spaugh

othater

• Socal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 11:43:05 PM »
Hey Brad,
Add me on the interest list for Hawaiian Avocado scions.
I'll send a text to your cell to see what is available.

Willthomas76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 11:12:58 AM »
Thanks Brad.  I am very interested in Fujikawa.  I have a Nishikawa grafted onto my Hass and it has really taken off in one year.  Are you still on messenger?

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 01:33:08 PM »
Hi Will, I dont have the messenger, it needs a facebook account I think.  I deleted my facebook account. 

I have the nishikawa tree but it doesnt grow that well.  its grow OK but no flowers ever.  Maybe this spring it will flower, but I would say that ine is not very promising.  The fujikawa has already flowered and set a bunch of fruit for 2 seasons while most of the others are not doing much.  The ones with west indian genes dont seem to do as well here.  the fujikawa appears to be pure guatemalan.  the tree looks just like nabal.  Grows super well and sets tons of fruit. 
Brad Spaugh

Willthomas76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 02:26:50 PM »
Fujikawa sounds like a winner down here! I am very interested once you can spare some scions and willing to pay.
 I am off of facebook but still have messenger.  I decided to take a hiatus while going through a process with the VA.

Ragnars Dog House

• Canada, British Columbia, Victoria, 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 08:01:07 PM »
Does anybody know what variety this avocado is? I bought it from a roadside market on the North side of Maui a couple years back.  Also, when do Hawaiian varieties typically bloom?

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 09:40:48 AM »
Does anybody know what variety this avocado is? I bought it from a roadside market on the North side of Maui a couple years back.  Also, when do Hawaiian varieties typically bloom?

There must be seedling avocado trees growing all over Hawaii.
John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk