Author Topic: TOP 10 FAVORITE MANGO CULTIVARS WITHIN USA AND AROUND THE WORLD:  (Read 9892 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: TOP 10 FAVORITE MANGO CULTIVARS WITHIN USA AND AROUND THE WORLD:
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2021, 09:45:57 AM »
That is a great idea John. Exciting to think forward to mango season and meeting up. Overdue to visit Satya as well, hopefully he is around when the time is right.
"When the time is right" and the mangos are ripe!
Hopefully in the third week of June. For I will be staying in Deerfield Beach for that week. If I remember right Alex said that was the peak of last season. The second week of June was very good to me last season because of acquaintances and friends like Truly tropical Chris and Alex🙂
It would be way cool if everyone would bring a Seedling of a variety for others to try.

Shall I start off with Zill white guava?
Or Valencia Pride mango juice?
My wife says I may be from Missouri but I boast more than a Bayesian from Barbados
Lol
Safe travels and happy holidays :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:02:52 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Fish Have Feelings

• South Miami, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2021, 04:01:34 PM »
Those are all really nice choices Bovine. If you change your mind, would liked to know what new choices are taking the lead. List should continually change.

Are those the Pitons depicted in the art piece? Reminds me of Soufriere St. Lucia.

fishy's lack of response is another indication they are full of crap.

Roblack
AGAIN Let me say that your devotion to the Mangomen is impressive. As I mentioned before the mangos they sell are picked green and I get the impression that they sell many more mangos than they can grow. This is purely speculative but something seems FISHY to me. Cases and cases on the ground ready for shipping, dozens of people picking up every Saturday BUT the backyard orchard consists of mostly scraggly 5' tall trees.
I bet Mr Campbell sleeps very well at night knowing he has devoted followers like you defending his honor on chats.
Have a blessed thanksgiving Sir.
BEEN READING FORUM FOR YEARS -RECENTLY REGISTERED

17 Mango cultivars at home, plus dozens of anonnas, avocados, guavas, lychees, and other fruits.

Hobbyist beekeeper and chicken person, amateur ecologist and pomologist. Easily amused but I probably like plants and animals more than people.

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2021, 04:13:59 PM »
Let's try to (loosely) stick to the topic of this thread.
Start another thread about MangoMen, surely you'll get more insights from more members. It's a valid topic, just not here.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2021, 10:55:35 AM »
Do you have anything positive to offer this forum fishy, or are you just here to troll?

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2021, 12:19:09 PM »
Do you have anything positive to offer this forum fishy, or are you just here to troll?
Peace, brother.  Happy Thanksgiving!
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2021, 12:29:51 PM »
Peace, brother.  Happy Thanksgiving!
Guava
Ugly Betty
Happy Thanksgiving to all

Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2021, 07:42:32 PM »
When I put together all of the varieties in my Home-Yard, and after considering & comparing all the Best Attributes, only one mango variety comes to my mind (for my Zone 10-b area):

‘Young’ mango variety

Why?
Overall Quality

I’m still searching for the mango variety with a Superior-Quality.
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk