Author Topic: Cherimoya varieties for hot weather regions...  (Read 2386 times)

digigarden

• Maurice or digigarden
    • Dominican Republic,Santo Domingo- Miami.FL addr
    • View Profile
Re: Cherimoya varieties for hot weather regions...
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2022, 07:23:49 PM »
Cherimoya Cumbe from peru fruits in Dominican Republic low-mid lands confirmed  :o
If it grows in DR is low lands it should grow in Florida I imagine?

Well i don't think it would grow at sea level i could be wrong but In a way i suppose doesn't get as cold as FL  but it also doesn't get as HOT as FL... but hey what if you shade it a bit during summer?

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2022, 10:28:27 PM »
High temperatures (over 80 ish degrees) cause the fruits to stop developing and make the pollen sterile in Cherimoya. That is why they can be grown in Puerto Rico or Hawaii and not Florida. I think we could fruit any Cherimoya with the right cultural care. It would need to defoliate in September and bloom in October so that the fruit could develop over the cool part if the year and then finish ripening in April before things got too hot.

mcoambassador

• Growing fun fruit in my backyard garden.
    • USA, Florida, Oviedo, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2024, 03:17:36 PM »
I think we could fruit any Cherimoya with the right cultural care. It would need to defoliate in September and bloom in October so that the fruit could develop over the cool part if the year and then finish ripening in April before things got too hot.
Has anyone attempted this September defoliation method for Cherimoya in a warm region yet? It sounds promising.

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2024, 05:07:11 PM »
I think we could fruit any Cherimoya with the right cultural care. It would need to defoliate in September and bloom in October so that the fruit could develop over the cool part if the year and then finish ripening in April before things got too hot.
Has anyone attempted this September defoliation method for Cherimoya in a warm region yet? It sounds promising.

I have not been able to try it, yet. My cherimoya is a seedling that is still in the juvenile stage.

zwanif

• algeria
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2024, 12:01:27 PM »
Get the ones grown in Spain
Fino DE jete if I'm not wrong
And they are best ones

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk