Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Buy, Sell & Trade

Wanted: Rollinia tree

<< < (2/3) > >>

DurianLover:

--- Quote from: Mr. Caimito on March 28, 2013, 01:59:20 PM ---Do you have any experience with that seller? Don't want to get scammed  ;D

--- End quote ---

Never used this seller, but looking at the history and shop set up, I would say its 99.99% legit. Besides seller is in Hawaii not some God forsaken country ;D

As far as seeds, expect to pay $10-15 with shipping. If I were in your shoes looking to grow just one tree, I would rather spend $10 more and get the seedling. It would take the sprouting/guessing/waiting game out and jump start fruiting timeline.

fruitlovers:

--- Quote from: PedalaiMaster on March 27, 2013, 08:17:50 PM ---I don't think they would grow in you zone, they thrive best in zones 9 and up and still might have some problems in zones 9 and 10. If you are planning on keeping it in a greenhouse then you will probably get fruit within 4-6 years. As to where to get the tree, I would say graft a mature one onto cherimoya rootstock as they are compatible with it and that would flower in 1-2 yrs. For the scion-wood, I would try to contact some of the users on this forum who probably have some trees.
 Regards-PM

--- End quote ---

PM i don't know where you got that information? It is not true. As far as i know rollinia is not  graft compatible with cherimoya?

PedalaiMaster:
Maybe it wasn't cherimoya... let me think, the closest Annona to Rollinia, I would say Annona Squamosa, not sure will have to get the rootstock sampled and tested. Regards-PM

JF:

--- Quote from: fruitlovers on March 29, 2013, 05:37:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: PedalaiMaster on March 27, 2013, 08:17:50 PM ---I don't think they would grow in you zone, they thrive best in zones 9 and up and still might have some problems in zones 9 and 10. If you are planning on keeping it in a greenhouse then you will probably get fruit within 4-6 years. As to where to get the tree, I would say graft a mature one onto cherimoya rootstock as they are compatible with it and that would flower in 1-2 yrs. For the scion-wood, I would try to contact some of the users on this forum who probably have some trees.
 Regards-PM

--- End quote ---

PM i don't know where you got that information? It is not true. As far as i know rollinia is not  graft compatible with cherimoya?

--- End quote ---
LOL

fruitlovers:

--- Quote from: PedalaiMaster on March 29, 2013, 08:38:53 PM ---Maybe it wasn't cherimoya... let me think, the closest Annona to Rollinia, I would say Annona Squamosa, not sure will have to get the rootstock sampled and tested. Regards-PM

--- End quote ---

Nope, won't work on A. squamosa either. Rollinia is really a separate genus, though taxonomists for some strange unknown reason recently lumped rollinia genus together with annona.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version