Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

N1triVoss

<< < (8/8)

luckyjimi:
I am looking for fruits or seeds of N1triVoss. I could send fruits or seeds Ichang papeda klon Klock or Hana yuzu (Eisenhut).

Jibro:

--- Quote from: Jibro on September 07, 2020, 09:38:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jibro on July 20, 2020, 05:37:06 AM ---5 month old seedling N1 Tri Voss has first flower  :). I had got N1 Tri Voss fruits from Petr Broza, he is growing N1 Tri Voss in big greenhouse with many other citrus varieties, so this seedling may be also hybrid from open pollination...

--- End quote ---

This seedling has a second flower right now...is it also common? I thought that these one year old seedlings have only one flower...Now I have a dilemma, cut it or not in the next spring :)

The first flower was a little more developed than the second, so no positive progress unfortunately...

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Ilya11 on July 20, 2020, 09:34:17 AM ---This grapefruit-like early flowering on the top of stem growth occurs often in N1tri seedlings.
It is one of the reasons why I believe  that this variety is a a hybrid of ichangensis  with some sort of citrumelo.
These flowers are giving very rarely fruits because the whole plant at this  stage  is rather weak.
But if you cut them near the ground, there is a chance that new emerging  growths  will flower on the tops next spring.

--- End quote ---

I've cut the early flowering seedling as Ilya suggested and he was right  :) cut seedling had two new branches with two flowers on the top, unfortunately, both flowers kind of dried off before were open.

I grafted cuttings to poncirus rootstock and there is no sign of flowers but it grows vigorously.

Jibro:
The original precocious seedling N1Tri Voss F2 has a third flower on a new branch growing under the first pair of leaves, the flower is again incomplete... :(

Grafted plant on poncirus is 70 cm heigh and has two flowers too :)

mikkel:
Interesting that all flowers are on the top. Even the grafted ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version