Citrus > Citrus Buy, Sell, & Trade

WTB Yuzu

<< < (2/5) > >>

Fygee:
Thanks for the tip vnomonee. Put myself on the waiting list.

@W. Not gonna bother with seed grown. Citrus tend to not be true to type growing from seed, and Yuzu are legendarily slow growers from seed. They can take upwards of 15 years to produce.

brian:
It seems chefs and "foodies" are really interested in it.  I don't see myself using it, though.  I have sudachi already and I don't see the appeal

franklazar26:
I contacted briteleaf a ways back early spring for their cuttings, they stayed mid to late fall they should have a good variety. I ordered their rooted cuttings Yuzu’s before and they are great trees.

vnomonee:
Yuzu makes a great tea, I drank lots of it while abroad in South Korea during the winter. It's equal parts sugar or honey and sliced up fruit peels into a jar, will last a few weeks in the fridge. I made some with meyer lemons but it's not the same. Really opens up the sinuses and the vitamin C is great. If you'd like to try it, Asian grocery stores such as Hmart, Mitsuwa, etc carry it. I've seen some at Costco once   

W.:

--- Quote from: Fygee on July 01, 2021, 04:42:16 PM ---Thanks for the tip vnomonee. Put myself on the waiting list.

@W. Not gonna bother with seed grown. Citrus tend to not be true to type growing from seed, and Yuzu are legendarily slow growers from seed. They can take upwards of 15 years to produce.

--- End quote ---

I had always thought lemons and related citrus are generally true to type. I guess in a few years I will find out about the fruit quality of my Yuzu seedlings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version