Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

What ever Happened to Whitman's South American Sapote

(1/4) > >>

natsgarden123:
The thread which discussed the best books reminded me about the South American Sapote, which Mr Whitman like-he said tasted like melon. Does anyone know what happened to that?  :)

FlyingFoxFruits:
it never blew over, at least that how his book reads!  Other stuff got worked during Andrew(1992), but that one handled it.

They have a nice one at fruit and spice, in the greenhouse near North side of park, its around 15ft or so If I remember right...maybe bigger...I didn't pay much attention to it, but Chris Rollins was proud to point it out I could tell...so it must be a bit difficult to grow or source I assume.

natsgarden123:
thank you- i have never been to the fruit n spice park-ill have to take a trip down

Felipe:
Matisia cordata is great, but needs selection of good cultivars. There's a huge genetic variation down the Amazon basin ;)

FlyingFoxFruits:

--- Quote from: Felipe on February 20, 2012, 03:12:42 PM ---Matisia cordata is great, but needs selection of good cultivars. There's a huge genetic variation down the Amazon basin ;)

--- End quote ---

That was Bills problem with tree...not enough flavor...I think u r most certainly right!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version