Author Topic: What's this on my royal crimson cherry tree? And how would you treat it?  (Read 850 times)

boxturtle

• usa, ca. garden grove Orange County
    • View Profile
It's been in ground for one season.  I noticed it leaking sap couple months ago.  Today I went a removed one of 3 sap balls and this is what I found.   Area effected is about 2 feet off the ground. I did buy the tree from Armstrong nursery  but would hate to replace if I don't have too.  What is it and how can I treat it.
  Like always your input is always appreciated

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 10:59:06 PM by boxturtle »

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: What's this on my royal crimson cherry tree? And how would you treat it?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 11:03:45 PM »
Gummosis I guess.  The tree is not in great health but it can grow out of that over summer if you plant it and give it good care.  Ive had new trees have this and grow out of it. 
Brad Spaugh

boxturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:08:30 PM »
Gummosis I guess.  The tree is not in great health but it can grow out of that over summer if you plant it and give it good care.  Ive had new trees have this and grow out of it.

It's already in ground :( how would you treat it? My guess was bacteria canker? Maybe shave it down to good tissue?

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 11:20:52 PM »
Just make sure it has plenty of fertilizer so it can grow.  Hit it with some avocado/citrus fertilizer when it starts blooming and then again every mo th or 2 through August.  Use some mulch too if thats something you do. 

Theres probably systemic treatments you could use or other sprays but I think it has a good chance of healing without any chemicals if it is growing nicely this summer. 
Brad Spaugh

boxturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 01:15:52 AM »
Thanks Brad

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk