Author Topic: Jackfruit grafting question  (Read 3127 times)

Finca La Isla

• Costa Rica, Southern Caribbean coast
    • View Profile
    • finca la isla
Re: Jackfruit grafting question
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2021, 11:07:35 AM »
In general, when grafting tropical species that are not the easiest, you want both the rootstock and the scion to be initiating strong growth stages.  We feel this growth spurt should carry the graft along with it.  So, we rule out dormancy.
Peter

Forester

• Zone 4 Russia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2021, 05:50:58 PM »
Hi guys. Thanks to everyone for participating in this discussion, I took a lot of useful information for myself and now I want to conduct an experiment. I have jackfruit and chempedak seedlings, they are the same in age and height, and I decided to swap their tops in places, maybe this is a stupid idea, but I am interested in the process of inoculation and survival. I will keep you updated on this experiment.
ps: I can't remember who asked me about the cost of jackfruit in Russia. The average price per kilogram of fruit is $ 15, for durian you will have to pay $ 20 per kilogram. Regards!
❀ Sergey ❀

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2021, 04:15:00 PM »
Hi guys. Thanks to everyone for participating in this discussion, I took a lot of useful information for myself and now I want to conduct an experiment. I have jackfruit and chempedak seedlings, they are the same in age and height, and I decided to swap their tops in places, maybe this is a stupid idea, but I am interested in the process of inoculation and survival. I will keep you updated on this experiment.
ps: I can't remember who asked me about the cost of jackfruit in Russia. The average price per kilogram of fruit is $ 15, for durian you will have to pay $ 20 per kilogram. Regards!

Then you should eat as much durian as you can. Durian should cost much more than jackfruit, at least 3times as much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk