Author Topic: Phtyo-fos + Keyplex??  (Read 21367 times)

natsgarden123

Re: Phyto-fos + Keyplex??
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 03:21:50 PM »

http://www.orchardvalleysupply.com/ovsstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=246  to get Miller's 20-20-20 foliar with minors

Thanks much Patrick! And you should consider selling a pre-mix of your foliar formula that Natalie was asking about. I can approximate it myself but many people just want to get their hands on it and try it out. I know your own personal yard looks great from using it. I have neglected foliars but this year I am going to start applying them.... I have high PH calcerous soil in Broward and the high PH locks in many micro-nutrients  :-X :'( :-\ :-[

In this exact backpack I add the following.. I takes me two packs to cover my 1/3 acre yard. ( I pulled out the screen in the tip and installed the provided red plastic wide coverage tip)

Three gallons water mixed with 30-40mils of Class Act (before the below)

30mils of SoAg Citrus Nutritional
30mls of Phyto-Fos (the potassium mix)
1 tablespoon of Sequestrene 138fe
3 tablespoons of Millers 20-20-20 (I swapped this out with Haifa's MKP this fall/winter with no real "fruiting" changes but figured it would lessen vegetative growth in the cooler months...)
1 teaspoon of elemental copper (about every third time)

I have used Biomaster and have a 2.5 gallon jug of it.  I have used it sporatically (35-45mils in 3 gallons plain water) by itself with no two spray intervals of this or my other mix within a two week period of each other.  In other words I use my mix about once a month (usually on the 5th of the month) followed by an ocassional single spray of Biomaster mix mid-month.

Thanks. I'm going to try to make that brew.  I know you've said it before but I don't remember the answer; You still use monthly granular fertilizer, ? 8-3-9,  as well? 

I'd really like my trees to look as beautiful as yours.   :)

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »

http://www.orchardvalleysupply.com/ovsstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=246  to get Miller's 20-20-20 foliar with minors

Thanks much Patrick! And you should consider selling a pre-mix of your foliar formula that Natalie was asking about. I can approximate it myself but many people just want to get their hands on it and try it out. I know your own personal yard looks great from using it. I have neglected foliars but this year I am going to start applying them.... I have high PH calcerous soil in Broward and the high PH locks in many micro-nutrients  :-X :'( :-\ :-[

In this exact backpack I add the following.. I takes me two packs to cover my 1/3 acre yard. ( I pulled out the screen in the tip and installed the provided red plastic wide coverage tip)

3 tablespoons of Millers 20-20-20 (I swapped this out with Haifa's MKP this fall/winter with no real "fruiting" changes but figured it would lessen vegetative growth in the cooler months...)

I have used Biomaster and have a 2.5 gallon jug of it.  I have used it sporatically (35-45mils in 3 gallons plain water) by itself with no two spray intervals of this or my other mix within a two week period of each other.  In other words I use my mix about once a month (usually on the 5th of the month) followed by an ocassional single spray of Biomaster mix mid-month.

Thanks. I'm going to try to make that brew.  I know you've said it before but I don't remember the answer; You still use monthly granular fertilizer, ? 8-3-9,  as well? 

I'd really like my trees to look as beautiful as yours.   :)

I do use 8-3-9 w/ minors monthly (nice handful per inch of trunk).  I also drench Sequestrene three times a year Spring, Summer, Late Summer.  I did add Mycostim to the root zones three years ago, and I use composted mulch as a top dressing (I think this is one of the most important parts of my good results) which I add to quarterly.  I have treated my yard with nematodes (a small farm supply last summer), drenched with Foundation and Biomaster, Put down 100lbs of pelletized Sulphur with a regular fert spreader , and occassionally sprinkle Epsom salts into my mulch rings.

mangomandan

• When a man is tired of mangos, he is tired of life
    • USA, Lake Worth, Florida, 33461, 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Phtyo-fos + Keyplex??
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 05:04:08 PM »
I do use 8-3-9 w/ minors monthly (nice handful per inch of trunk).  I also drench Sequestrene three times a year Spring, Summer, Late Summer.  I did add Mycostim to the root zones three years ago, and I use composted mulch as a top dressing (I think this is one of the most important parts of my good results) which I add to quarterly.  I have treated my yard with nematodes (a small farm supply last summer), drenched with Foundation and Biomaster, Put down 100lbs of pelletized Sulphur with a regular fert spreader , and occasionally sprinkle Epsom salts into my mulch rings.

Nicely done, Patrick, but I'm exhausted just reading about your regimen.    If I put down a bucket of liquid Miracle Grow every year that should do the same thing, right?  ;D

Patrick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »
I do use 8-3-9 w/ minors monthly (nice handful per inch of trunk).  I also drench Sequestrene three times a year Spring, Summer, Late Summer.  I did add Mycostim to the root zones three years ago, and I use composted mulch as a top dressing (I think this is one of the most important parts of my good results) which I add to quarterly.  I have treated my yard with nematodes (a small farm supply last summer), drenched with Foundation and Biomaster, Put down 100lbs of pelletized Sulphur with a regular fert spreader , and occasionally sprinkle Epsom salts into my mulch rings.

Nicely done, Patrick, but I'm exhausted just reading about your regimen.    If I put down a bucket of liquid Miracle Grow every year that should do the same thing, right?  ;D

You should use a "Chem-trails" like application in 10x strength!

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »
Patrick,
 I am not familiar with Class Act, but will probably try it on your recommendation.  Per your description it is not a sticker, and that is good for what you are using it for.
Har

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »
Patrick--- hope you see this. What is the elemental copper in your mix? Copper Sulfate?

Patrick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2013, 10:23:17 PM »
Patrick--- hope you see this. What is the elemental copper in your mix? Copper Sulfate?

CuPRO 2005 T/N/O (Copper Hydroxide)

Patrick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »
Patrick,
 I am not familiar with Class Act, but will probably try it on your recommendation.  Per your description it is not a sticker, and that is good for what you are using it for.

Awesome! Thanks for the info Har!!

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 09:50:57 AM »
Are you guys spraying your Mango trees with these stuff NOW while they are in Bloom/fruiting?

Curious to know if you are...I'm guessing NO problems with the bloom/small fruit issues drying up or falling off?

Patrick...what do you spray the mango trees now while blooming and setting fruits?

Thanks!!

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 10:01:34 AM »

CuPRO 2005 T/N/O (Copper Hydroxide)

thanks again!

CTMIAMI

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 06:22:02 PM »
Check some of these products. They are making cocktails for the citrus industry that can be used for tropical fruits.
http://plantfoodsystems.com/

Carlos
 Tweeter: @carlosdlt280
www.myavocadotrees.com
zone 10a Miami-Dade County

Patrick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »
Are you guys spraying your Mango trees with these stuff NOW while they are in Bloom/fruiting?

Curious to know if you are...I'm guessing NO problems with the bloom/small fruit issues drying up or falling off?

Patrick...what do you spray the mango trees now while blooming and setting fruits?

Thanks!!

Only before actual bloom and after fruit set.

puglvr1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 07:23:39 AM »
Thanks Patrick! :)

Patrick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 07:34:40 AM »
Something else I find quite helpful is to label the backpack that  I use for Foliar Feeding with huge letters "NUTRITION ONLY".  The other one has a huge "I Kill Plants" indicating that I am using Round up in that one.  The one I use the most is the NUTRITION ONLY pack, I figure its keeps me from ever getting them mixed up, and also keeps the neighbors from freaking out on my constant spraying.  Nothing like walking around the side of your house spraying and run into a neighbor with a baby stroller and a dog on a leash when you are wearing a backpack full of a dark colored liquid! Its bad enough Sequestrene drenches look like huge buckets of blood!

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 07:50:20 AM »
Mask for anyone worried about doing a lot of foliar spraying
http://www.amazon.com/MSA-Safety-Works-817663-Multi-Purpose/dp/B00009363G/ref=sr_1_6?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1359722904&sr=1-6&keywords=filter+mask

I bought one a while ago for different purposes

natsgarden123

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/MSA-Safety-Works-817663-Multi-Purpose/dp/B00009363G/ref=sr_1_6?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1359722904&sr=1-6&keywords=filter+mask

I use the heavy paper/painters masks-are they good enough you think?

puglvr1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »

Lol Zands!! If I wear one of those in my backyard my neighbors would surely call the CDC or worse the SWAT team in fear that it might be some Bio-hazard spraying going one in my yard, Joking... ;)

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2013, 09:57:23 AM »

Lol Zands!! If I wear one of those in my backyard my neighbors would surely call the CDC or worse the SWAT team in fear that it might be some Bio-hazard spraying going one in my yard, Joking... ;)

I hear ya!  I sprayed two days ago without a mask. I got that mask to keep mold out when I work with some funky wood chips I get from a tree trimming crew. Sometimes the shredded chips have been in the truck fora few days. They start composting and there can be mold in there. I have breathed that crap in while shoveling it and never again!! If I spray with copper the mask is a good idea and maybe some of the others....  The best thing is don't spray against the wind where it blows back on to you
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:18:13 PM by zands »

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2013, 10:00:32 AM »

I use the heavy paper/painters masks-are they good enough you think?

I think they are OK because you are dealing with a mist. Southern Ag Citrus Foliar and chelated iron are black. So look for black coming through your mask. Bad sign I would suppose. Those masks with absorb a little mist and keep it from you. Spraying orchards though I think they would get wet and let things through?

Patrick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »

If anyone was concerned with the effect of this mix on sensitive foliage here is a new flush on my Pineapple Pleasure Mango tree sprayed with the exact above mix (including the copper) two days ago!!

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 10:33:26 AM »
Nice. You're lucky. My pineapple pleasure has been dormant for like 10 months :-).

If anyone was concerned with the effect of this mix on sensitive foliage here is a new flush on my Pineapple Pleasure Mango tree sprayed with the exact above mix (including the copper) two days ago!!

Jeff  :-)

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2013, 01:03:28 PM »
Jeff gonna try the Patrick mix today (but without class act). But, I'm Ameriken, so I gonna use cups and tablespoons instead of milliliters! Thanks for the recipe, cowboy!
Jeff  :-)

puglvr1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2013, 04:14:16 PM »
Wow...the colors on the new growths of your Pineapple pleasure is beautiful!! Thanks for posting the "no" issues with this mix on tender new growths.

Like Cookie monster I too had to use the "converter" from millimeters to tablespoon,lol...

amadioranch

• Phoenix Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Amadio Ranch
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 09:23:02 AM »
Question for you guys using Phyto-Fos.......The only source I can find for it is a 2.5 gallon size and it prices out at $100. Is it really worth that or do you guys have a source for a smaller amount? Would like to start a foliar program out here similar to whats listed in this thread.

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2013, 10:45:50 AM »
Organocide Plant Doctor is the small-sized retail equivalent.
Har

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk