Author Topic: M-4 mango how has it performed or produced this season is it truly a very late  (Read 1352 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Have not heard much talk about this mango this season. Since I have one that's been in the ground for two years i am curious if it is performing as advertised. Very late and coconuty
Coming to South Florida tomorrow Saturday maybe I'll get a chance to try it this season. Was not overly impressed last season other than it is very sweet.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 06:37:44 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
I only have three trees still with mangos. M4 is one of them.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

Julie

• Miami, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
I paid $30 to try one, waiting for it to ripen now. Will see if it lives up to the hype.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
I paid $30 to try one, waiting for it to ripen now. Will see if it lives up to the hype.

I have some bridges for sale, if you are interested...  lolololol
- Rob

JulianoGS

• USA, South Florida
    • View Profile
Nice, never tasted that one. Was the tree productive? Did it grow fast? How big is it?
Be very careful and mindful of what you sow, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

Julie

• Miami, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile

I live in Miami where this fruit is not available. It’s not the same as in palm Beach county where you can go to multiple places and pick them up. For me it works since I’ve already traveled to palm beach county once with a 6 year old and had to pay for gas and tolls and a hotel just to try all these mangoes so yes I know it’s a lot but it actually still saves me money believe it or not.

So, after tasting the fruit I don’t think I will plant M4. It’s a great mango and in terms of the taste it tasted exactly like a larger Pina Colada to me.  I actually prefer Keitt which is even later season as well. This is just my personal opinion.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile

I live in Miami where this fruit is not available. It’s not the same as in palm Beach county where you can go to multiple places and pick them up. For me it works since I’ve already traveled to palm beach county once with a 6 year old and had to pay for gas and tolls and a hotel just to try all these mangoes so yes I know it’s a lot but it actually still saves me money believe it or not.

So, after tasting the fruit I don’t think I will plant M4. It’s a great mango and in terms of the taste it tasted exactly like a larger Pina Colada to me.  I actually prefer Keitt which is even later season as well. This is just my personal opinion.
Last season one of the California crew said of M-4. If it receives a name it should probably be the Coco.Not mango. So far no one is defending it or singing it's Praises so that may very well be true.
I'm going to South Florida today to pick up a Karen Michelle tree and stop by tropical Acre Farms.Hopefully I will get to sample it again. If it does not impress me and have a coconut or pina colada flavor. I will probably dig it up and sell it to a friend where I will still have access to the fruit and replace it with a 15 gallon cotton candy. I'm going to pick up Sunday in North West Orlando. I have a Neelam and in 9B are mangoes run later than South Florida anyways. Last season we were picked the last Valencia pride in the third week of September. Next season I will read the Neelam carry fruit for a den in the ground over 3 years. I will report how late is very late and 9B. As far as bridges go. I would like to purchase the London Bridge that is in Arizona.But I'm not sure I can afford the delivery fee.Lol  :)
Rob do you have an installment plan available?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 05:14:18 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Jagmanjoe

• USA, Florida, Lakeland, 9A
    • View Profile

What a deal, I also picked one up the other day with close to 40 others of different varieties from someone offering all at $2.00 each.  Pic of Harvest Moon and pic of some of others - all $2.00. I insisted on giving him a more.  These were all organically grown also.  It was amazing to see his yard of mango and other fruits.

Julie

• Miami, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
Hi, I provided an explanation of why that was actually saving me money above. However I would definitely like the information for this home grower who is selling mangoes. Thank you.