Author Topic: Help me decide which mango to plant  (Read 2162 times)

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Help me decide which mango to plant
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2021, 09:55:15 PM »
I'm starting to think I may not have a choice of what I plant.  I have contacted several nurseries in my area and unless I'm interested in a Tommy Atkins there is little available at the moment.  :P
If you live in southeast Florida this is where you go you're not going to get a bigger 7 or 15 gallon tree then you will hear. Or you could go to Facebook Marketplace and get something that is potentially mislabeled
My advice plan a Sugarloaf the term sugar bomb is overdone most mangoes are sweet that's why people like them

https://www.facebook.com/523142497811868/posts/3897844540341630/

7 gallon dwarf Hawaiian planted this time last year.Where you going to find a very slow growing dwarf Hawaiian that big

7 gallon Dot second year in the ground. And this was the only one I could find East Coast West Coast the whole state of Florida.

Where are you going to find a Karen Michelle this big. I was at Zill high performance talking to the nice lady's they said they only have it in 3 gallon

Little Gem planted in the ground late last summer

Honey kiss planted Last Summer
Must I continue where did all these trees have in common they come from Truly Tropical Chris.
Where do I live in 9B

This is a tree that Tropical Acres farms. Got for me from Zill high performance. Facebook says it was two years ago but it seems like three to me
Damn you got too many nice mangos

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2021, 10:27:55 PM »
I'm starting to think I may not have a choice of what I plant.  I have contacted several nurseries in my area and unless I'm interested in a Tommy Atkins there is little available at the moment.  :P
If you live in southeast Florida this is where you go you're not going to get a bigger 7 or 15 gallon tree then you will hear. Or you could go to Facebook Marketplace and get something that is potentially mislabeled
My advice plan a Sugarloaf the term sugar bomb is overdone most mangoes are sweet that's why people like them

https://www.facebook.com/523142497811868/posts/3897844540341630/

7 gallon dwarf Hawaiian planted this time last year.Where you going to find a very slow growing dwarf Hawaiian that big

7 gallon Dot second year in the ground. And this was the only one I could find East Coast West Coast the whole state of Florida.

Where are you going to find a Karen Michelle this big. I was at Zill high performance talking to the nice lady's they said they only have it in 3 gallon

Little Gem planted in the ground late last summer

Honey kiss planted Last Summer
Must I continue where did all these trees have in common they come from Truly Tropical Chris.
Where do I live in 9B

This is a tree that Tropical Acres farms. Got for me from Zill high performance. Facebook says it was two years ago but it seems like three to me
Damn you got too many nice mangos

Sugarloaf planted as a 3 gallon 3 years ago

Ppk

Orange sherbet
Do not want to be braggadocious so so I won't show you fruit punch M4 ice cream Saigon amrapali Malika
Oh how could I possibly forget carrie Julie cotton candy and soon-to-be Buxton Spice. Varieties grafted st. Maui Sonpari Juliet Phoenix
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 10:55:07 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2021, 10:42:19 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 10:48:42 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

JulianoGS

• USA, South Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2021, 02:49:33 PM »
Julie is a very nice mango, delicious!!! Fiber less and a true dwarf tree.
Be very careful and mindful of what you sow, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

strkpr00

• USA, Florida, Davie zone10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2021, 03:08:40 PM »
I vote Honey Kiss, extend your mango season.