Author Topic: Mango seedlings of a variety. Any gems in California?  (Read 568 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Mango seedlings of a variety. Any gems in California?
« on: July 15, 2022, 09:14:50 PM »
Out of necessity has there been any uniquely excellent mango seedlings of a variety planted a decade ago in California.
Here in Florida I have had the opportunity to sample some extremely unique seedlings of varieties. My favorite the Marc Anthony seedling of Bombay Black Julie seedling of Blackie  of Jamaica Dolores from Miami area and Denise which I have not tried yet from Merritt Island

Marc Anthony mango tree seedling of Bombay

Marc Anthony fruit

Dolores on the left Black Julie on the right
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 09:57:32 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Mango seedlings of a variety. Any gems in California?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 08:30:19 AM »

My Bombay with Marc Anthony grafted on  to it. VERY soon Black Julie will be grafted to this Bombay tree. We have starch but it may be three seasons before I get to test the fruit. This will be my West Indian bombastic splash ital provisions mango tree. I'm still interested in knowing if the Cali crew has come up with anything unique out west.
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

socalbalcony2

• OC, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Mango seedlings of a variety. Any gems in California?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 06:31:36 PM »
A 'neighbor' about 20mins south of me has a a nice sized and heavy yielding tree that fruits every other year, it was a seedling of an unknown mango he ate in Maui 1-2 decades ago. I recently shared a few different mangos with him and he said his seedling tastes most similar to the orange essence he tried from me. I'll get to sample this fruit in 1-2 months to confirm that..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk