Author Topic: Trading/ Selling Grafted Yangmei Plant Yingsi (Black Ruilin)  (Read 1680 times)

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Trading/ Selling Grafted Yangmei Plant Yingsi (Black Ruilin)
« on: February 17, 2023, 11:38:57 AM »
Black Ruilin - Yingsi

and Prince Anhai - Ruansi

Hey guys, yangmei has been my passion for the last couple of years and I wanted to start giving back and spreading these plants around. These are extremely rare and new to the United States. I believe less than 5 of these plants have ever been sold (as in the variety I'm offering). You can see the crazy ebay prices now as there are a few sellers out there. But instead of dumping them on ebay and seeing how much I can earn, I want to sell these at a straight price as I am also unable to afford ebay prices in general. I was in that situation wishing I could buy rare plants but not having the resources to do so. This forum has been so good to me so I'm selling here instead of ebay.
These plants are on preorder as I strive to get you the healthiest plants available. Looking at the pictures you can see these are the best looking ones ever offered. period. I want the root systems to become more established so I'm requesting another two weeks before I ship them out. These are very hardy and after research anywhere above zone 8 is not a challenge and can be put in ground. Our trees have taken 10f. This is why I find this tree so promising - Anyone can grow this and it's not limited to FL, CA, and HI. In fact, they will do better with some chill hours. We will be offering wusu in the future - that's the one you'd want to get if you're in a tropical place like south FL or HI.

This is a big brain move now. No dealing with RKN infested trees, no more wasting 100s of dollars to buy bare root trees that will die; none of that nonsense. We guarantee that these trees are healthy and have personally inspected the roots. Everything is fine and it so nice to get a beautiful tree. I know of and know many people who lost so many trees just cause it's hard to grow them from bare root. Even with my research, it was so hard to grow them. Just cause all the fine root got ripped off and the trees spent 2 weeks in transit. From this POV, it's exponentially better to just buy a healed up tree that is growing and healthy.

So, now let's talk more about the varieties offered. The taller one is Ruansi (Prince Anhai) -
here is more information taken from yangmei variety list compiled by Bill

Also known as Taiwan Yangmei, it is an early-maturing variety bred by Dr. Zeng Fanwensan of Taiwan by crossing the tree species provided by Longyan Sunong Seedling Co., Ltd. and the female parent Anhai soft flesh. Green, the tops of young shoots are sharper, and the leaves are rounder when mature. Some leaves have teeth, some have no teeth, and have obvious hybrid characteristics. Fruits can be set in the second anniversary after planting, and the yield is excellent. It blooms in mid-to-late February, and the fruit matures in mid-May, 15-20 days earlier than Dongkui. Generally, the weight of a single fruit is about 18-23 grams. The fruit is round, purple-black in color, soft and tough, and contains 12-14 soluble solids. %, the flavor is sweet and slightly sour, the taste is better than Dongkui, and it will not drop a lot of fruit like Dongkui when it rains. After harvesting, it can be stored at room temperature for 3-5 days, which is better for storage and transportation than Dongkui.

What interests me is that it has anhai genes...Anhai is one of the most cold tolerant yangmei we've ever seen. 10f didn't even faze it. Also fruit can be set in the second anniversary after planting. What's better?

And now on to yingsi (black ruilin) -
Not much to say, but it holds up in storage extremely well. Also matures in late May, a bit earlier than dongkui.
Fruits are larger than anhai. You can find a bit more information if you dig though.

I find it hard to set a price on these as they are so rare and the market is always changing. But nonetheless, I need to. So after talking to others, factoring in costs and care, I'm going to ask $400 per tree. FYI these are imports as with 99% of the other yangmei trees on the market. Soon we won't have to import anymore. Soon I'll be propagating my own. As with many others. Soon the price should go down. I can't wait to see what will happen in the next few years!

Questions, Comments, and Statements are welcomed. Thank you for looking!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 09:29:46 PM by Jaboticaba45 »

Jaboticaba45

• Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Order Selling Grafted Yangmei Plants (Yingsi, Ruansi)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 01:09:37 PM »
Prince Anhai is sold. Just have Ruansi left.

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 02:07:06 PM »
Prince anhai is ruansi

Jaboticaba45

• Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 03:13:17 PM »
Prince anhai is ruansi
Thanks for pointing that out. I meant to say yingsi.

TXFruithunter

• HOUSTON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 09:23:40 PM »
Do you need both male and female tree to fruit? I’ve no clue or knowledge of yangmei until now.

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 10:11:15 PM »
Do you need both male and female tree to fruit? I’ve no clue or knowledge of yangmei until now.

definitely not with Early mutation. Early mutation variety is monoecious!

TXFruithunter

• HOUSTON
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 11:29:02 PM »

Is that the only variety that is monoecious? I can’t find any info on them beside being cold hardy down to -10f which is great.

Jaboticaba45

• Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2023, 11:57:51 PM »

Is that the only variety that is monoecious? I can’t find any info on them beside being cold hardy down to -10f which is great.
-10f! Or just 10f lol I doubt mine would make -10f.
Early mutation is moneicious and will fruit by itself. Other varieties may do that too like dongkui (female trees sometime make male flowers). These other varieties me and others are selling may or may not fruit by themselves (probably not or don’t know). Even if they do, it will be benefited by a male tree. So it’s recommended to get a male plant.

Jaboticaba45

• Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Re:Selling Grafted Yangmei Plant Yingsi (Black Ruilin) Only $350
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 11:12:11 PM »
Dropping the price of the yingsi to $350. plus shipping costs.
It's also for sale on FB. Grab before it's gone!
Also to the person who bought the ruansi, I'll give you a little discount too. Not fair to drop price of a similar tree right after purchasing.
Anyways, I'm glad we can lower the price and share with more people. Like I promised, I'll be propagating these grafted ones.
Really excited as I'll be doing rootstocks more suited for certain areas. Example of using cerifera for southern states, FL, and Pr. and Using californica for folks out in CA, WA, and OR. And so forth.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 11:19:10 PM by Jaboticaba45 »

Jaboticaba45

• Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Order Selling Grafted Yangmei Plant Yingsi (Black Ruilin) only $350!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 09:29:28 PM »
I want this plant to go to another home. Can't be selfish and hog them all for myself. I will trade this to anyone who can provide me 2-3 mango plants from FL comprising of the following
sweet tart
lemon zest
ppk
sugarloaf
pineapple pleasure
literally any mango I don't have I'd be down.

Anywarema

• INDIA
    • View Profile
Re: Trading/ Selling Grafted Yangmei Plant Yingsi (Black Ruilin)
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 05:07:59 AM »
I can totally see why you'd be so passionate about something that's not only rare but also incredibly hardy. Kudos to you for sidestepping eBay to offer these plants at more accessible prices; it genuinely shows your commitment to the community here.
I completely agree about the advantages of getting a tree with a well-established root system. The ordeal of dealing with bare root trees reminds me of an interesting read I stumbled upon recently—the duck flower detox. It's a plant that's not only visually stunning but is believed to have detoxifying properties. Like the yangmei trees you're offering, duck flowers require some attention to their root systems and grow conditions, but once they get going, they're incredibly hardy.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 05:21:15 AM by Anywarema »