Author Topic: Quararibea cordata in Florida?  (Read 10585 times)

Finca La Isla

• Costa Rica, Southern Caribbean coast
    • View Profile
    • finca la isla
Re: Quararibea cordata in Florida?
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 10:28:38 PM »
We cleft graft them much like you would an avocado with the scion wrapped in parafilm.
Here, they flower in December/January and produce by late July into early August until October or so although late harvest fruit can be partially fermented.  Chupa chupa is one of the most reliable and consistent producers we have.
Peter

Vestalia

• Miami
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2022, 05:49:20 AM »
I would like to buy a Quararibea cordata (Chupa Chupa) tree?  I live in South Florida.  Does anyone know of anyone that can sell me a few trees or at least seeds?  Thank you, Vestalia

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2022, 08:56:01 AM »
I found an amazing tree near lake Sandoval in the Tambopata reserve. I stayed at ecolodge on lake Sandavol in Tambopata reserve. The tree was found behind a family that lives there ( no electricity no running water) and we asked to try the fruit. To get there was boat ride from puerto Maldonado, two hour hike and then two hour canoe ride to ecolodge and then another mile into the jungle.
Bellamy trees is auctioning the only seed left that will be sold from this tree. The seed has already starting germinating. Top three favorite fruits from this expedition.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VPePDbW8VYZObKcYSlSvNgDj172MN7eL/view?usp=drivesdk

chicomoralessxm

• Caribbean St. maarten zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2022, 04:45:47 PM »
Does anyone have seeds of this tree or young plants for sale?

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2022, 02:04:37 AM »
I gave seeds to someone in S. Florida end of 2015 ( who wants to remain private). Tree looks healthy and decent size. So, they can definitely grow in S. Florida.

chicomoralessxm

• Caribbean St. maarten zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2022, 05:28:24 PM »
Have any seeds for sale?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk