Author Topic: Newly planted orange sherbet is it dying ? Need help.  (Read 950 times)

Tiberivs

• Miami Florida
    • View Profile
Newly planted orange sherbet is it dying ? Need help.
« on: June 16, 2019, 06:00:56 PM »
So the orange sherbet tree was in pot for a year and I had it on top of grass, the roots went down into grass. I removed As careful as I could and planted it in ground recently (1 week or so) Now I’m concerned it might not make it l. I see some yellow leaves in bottom and they are falling. The new flush was too tender when I transplanted and it shriveled. What do you guys think? Will the tree make it? Any advice.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 06:22:14 PM by Tiberivs »

pvaldes

• Spain
    • View Profile
Re: Newly planted orange sherbet is it dying ? Need help.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 06:45:05 PM »
Looks a normal behaviour to me in any young plant growing new roots. As long of the provided soil and culture   procedures are accurate for the species, it will probably survive.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 06:46:39 PM by pvaldes »

Tiberivs

• Miami Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 06:46:29 PM »
Thank you, that’s good to hear. I wasn’t sure if it was normal.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 08:28:59 AM »
Over time that strong turf will be competing for water and fertility right at the trunk of the tree. I've heard many trees get damaged by trimming grass, especially by weed eaters. My one year old trees have fine feeder roots running outwards 3 feet from the trunk. As I recall some places in the Miami area have limestone close to the surface. Those are things to consider.

Tiberivs

• Miami Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 09:24:32 AM »
Yea it was just planted I will Definately be widening the circle around the tree just need the weather to allow me to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk