Author Topic: Holboellia latifolia  (Read 859 times)

Forester

• Zone 4 Russia
    • View Profile
Holboellia latifolia
« on: May 26, 2020, 01:21:10 PM »
Hi guys. In the fall, I bought seeds of Holboellia latifolia from tradewindsfruit, but none of them sprouted. I had not seen such a plant before, I only read some information on the Internet. Did someone grow it? How does it taste? Can it be grown as an annual plant or does it take a long time for the fruit? Maybe someone has young seedlings and I'm ready to buy from you.
❀ Sergey ❀

JSea

• New Zealand, 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Holboellia latifolia
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 07:18:56 PM »
I have not heard of this Genus before, but it's in the Lardizabalaceae family (e.g. Decaisnea, Stauntonia) - in which the fruits are often a little bit lacking in flavour. Stauntonia can take up to 18 months to germinate as well, so perhaps have patience for them to germinate - they may have entered secondary dormancy if not planted immediately.

Forester

• Zone 4 Russia
    • View Profile
Re: Holboellia latifolia
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 12:14:04 AM »
I have not heard of this Genus before, but it's in the Lardizabalaceae family (e.g. Decaisnea, Stauntonia) - in which the fruits are often a little bit lacking in flavour. Stauntonia can take up to 18 months to germinate as well, so perhaps have patience for them to germinate - they may have entered secondary dormancy if not planted immediately.
Holboellia latifolia a.k.a. Stauntonia latifolia. If it really sprouts up to 18 months, then I still have hope to wait for its sprouts.
❀ Sergey ❀