Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Santa Teresa lemon taste?

<< < (2/3) > >>

luak:
You are right, Millet I have 4 Valentines Pomís, only one lemon tree. Pomelo were from you also

snowjunky:
My Santa Teresa lemons are not much different from common lemons.  They ripen over a long period of time and can hang on the tree for many months without breaking down. 
This is a great trait because lemon trees don't usually fruit year round in Phoenix AZ like they do elsewhere.  They bloom in the spring and ripen in the winter.
My Meyer lemons all ripen within a month and starts to rot or dry up a month after that, so Santa Teresa is more useful here in Phoenix.

luak:
I better start taking inventory of my citrus collection. Been grafting so much, and not tagging like I should. With all the problems with the southern states, taking its toll with citrus forums, I am glad I started my collection before it all happened. I am at capacity, might do some adjusting, who knows.
After this tagging problem, I notice that I have 2 other treeís very similar fruits and ripening, same size, rather small.

containerman:

--- Quote from: snowjunky on October 20, 2020, 04:08:50 AM ---My Santa Teresa lemons are not much different from common lemons.  They ripen over a long period of time and can hang on the tree for many months without breaking down. 
This is a great trait because lemon trees don't usually fruit year round in Phoenix AZ like they do elsewhere.  They bloom in the spring and ripen in the winter.
My Meyer lemons all ripen within a month and starts to rot or dry up a month after that, so Santa Teresa is more useful here in Phoenix.

--- End quote ---

That is interesting because my meyer lemons hand on the tree for a long time and remain very juicy whereas Eurekas in my experience dry up.

brian:
I just started picking my first crop of St Teresa lemons, and I don't think I can tell the difference between them and grocery store lemons.  I just compared them side by side, taste and peel smell.

Meyer lemons, for comparison, smell VERY different.  Not better, just noticeably different. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version