Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Xie Shan- fruit photos

<< < (2/25) > >>

sc4001992:
Here's some photo of my 1 yr old grafts. The fruits are so heavy for the small branch I need to support it with tape attached to the larger branch.

Ckitto:
I have three branches grafted two years ago. They look exactly  like yours. Big cluster and I thinned them to 4 or 5 fruits per branch. I am in Hacienda Hts.

sc4001992:
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to leave most of the fruits on this branch and see how big the fruits get compared to other grafts with just a few fruits. If this was a large tree it would be a pain in the B..tt to thin the fruits every year. I don't need to do this to my large Gold Nugget tree and it has many fruits spread over the branches.

jim VH:
Here's mine; A fairly young tree.  I did no thinning, but the 116F weather in June caused fruit drop on many of my citrus.  I haven't seen the 'grape-cluster' effect, but maybe as the tree gets older.

brian:
Mine is also holding too many fruits.  My tree is probably a bad example, though, as it has always been rather unhealthy.  I have noticed that the corner of the greenhouse it is planted in often has standing water from poor drainage, I am thinking that is the reason.

Anyway, they look pretty ripe so I picked one.  It is very tasty, but pretty much identical to Tango in my opinion.  Probably not fair to judge a small tree like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version