Author Topic: Experience with Africa-Seeds.com?  (Read 836 times)

TNAndy

• East Tennessee USA zone 6b
    • View Profile
Experience with Africa-Seeds.com?
« on: August 25, 2021, 12:31:53 AM »
Does anyone here have any experience ordering from Africa-Seeds.com?  I believe they are located in Namibia (Africa).

I'm a little hesitant to order from them as yet.  Their first suggestion was to send me seeds in an unmarked package--in other words, smuggle them into the USA.  Since I'm not particularly interested in going to jail and I already have a USDA Small Lot Seed Import Permit, I'd much rather use the legal route.  The shipping delay is minimal and the extra cost is negligible.

I'm not interested in the shipping method you used to buy their seeds.  (That's between you and the USDA.)  I only want to know if they send the seeds people pay for.

If you're into cactus and other desert plants, they've got quite a selection.

Thanks in advance for any testimonials.

just.jim

• Thousand Oaks
    • View Profile
Re: Experience with Africa-Seeds.com?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 10:50:27 AM »
Wow, what a site.  Going to give them a shot with an order. 

Shaka90

• England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 01:09:59 PM »
Seems a bit dodgy… I think I saw somewhere they really ship from Lithuania and the seeds are different to what you order… but I don’t know if that’s true :/

Forester

• Zone 4 Russia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 04:08:55 AM »
I have heard that some Russian cactus breeders often buy seeds in this store,and they do not give bad reviews. I was looking at Herrania in this online store,but I doubt that the seeds will be alive,if they send them.
❀ Sergey ❀

Shaka90

• England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 10:31:18 AM »
I have heard that some Russian cactus breeders often buy seeds in this store,and they do not give bad reviews. I was looking at Herrania in this online store,but I doubt that the seeds will be alive,if they send them.
I was looking at those as well but I don’t know… I think it’s a waste of money

just.jim

• Thousand Oaks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 02:46:10 PM »
Looked into the site more, hard pass.  Their registrar is out of Canada, there are hidden reviews just blasting them, too.

TNAndy

• East Tennessee USA zone 6b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 10:26:01 AM »
Oh man, what a bummer. 

I should have exercised better google-fu before asking here.  Most of the reviews I saw said they send false seeds--seeds from common species passed off as rare species.

Maybe the Nigerian prince moved to Namibia and started a new scam gig.  Seems like a lot of effort to expend for a very niche market, tho.