Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

sign of citrus greening

(1/4) > >>

jtnguyen333:
Location is san diego out of the quarantine area.  However, I'm seeing signs on my trees that I think could be citrus greening (huang long bin).  These trees were healthy as recent as 2 months ago with full of little fruits.  I fed them with micronutrients in late February so I think it is not a micronutrients deficiency.  But I left town for 9 days 6 weeks ago and when I came back it deteriorated.  Below are some pictures.  I have contacted CDFA and they will have someone calli me next week to check.  I'm dreading this.  Two of the trees in the photos are sumo and one is a multigrafted.  Do they look like citrus greening?

sc4001992:
I have only seen the CCPP website photos and your leaves looks more like a bad case of mold and fungus. I read the HLB infected trees takes a few years before it starts showing the yellow/veins in the leaves and the fruits start to look bad. But your yellow leaf color doesn't look normal. Something is wrong with your tree.

I guess you will know for sure when they come and test your plants. If they are HLB/citrus greening then your area will be in a quarantine zone now.

jtnguyen333:
How would you deal with such mold and fungus? 
--- Quote from: sc4001992 on June 03, 2022, 12:25:08 PM ---I have only seen the CCPP website photos and your leaves looks more like a bad case of mold and fungus. I read the HLB infected trees takes a few years before it starts showing the yellow/veins in the leaves and the fruits start to look bad. But your yellow leaf color doesn't look normal. Something is wrong with your tree.

I guess you will know for sure when they come and test your plants. If they are HLB/citrus greening then your area will be in a quarantine zone now.

--- End quote ---

Millet:
No not citrus greening.  Many of the leaves are just showing that they are old.  A citrus leaf has a life span of 18 months.  How often do you fertilize your tree, and how old is the tree/

jtnguyen333:
The two sumo are 2.5 years and the multi-grafted one is 4 years old.  I topped the multigrafted last year and graft a few different varieties onto it.  I fertilize about every 2 months. 

--- Quote from: Millet on June 03, 2022, 01:07:10 PM ---No not citrus greening.  Many of the leaves are just showing that they are old.  A citrus leaf has a life span of 18 months.  How often do you fertilize your tree, and how old is the tree/

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version